Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
adobe-lightroom.jpg

Adobe announced that Lightroom 5 companion app, Lightroom Mobile has arrived on Android. Previously, the mobile app was only available on iOs but now android users can download the app from the Google Play Store.

You'll need an Android phone with a quad-core 1.7GHz processor with ARMv7 architecture (which includes almost all current Qualcomm Snapdragon processors), 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and either Android Jellybean, 4.4 KitKat or 5.0 Lollipop.

Lightroom is available from Google Play as a free download.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
adobe_lightroom_mobile_app_screenhsots_google_play.jpg

Editing options are limited to cropping tools and what is housed in the Basic Panel, and a Creative Cloud subscription is required to access these services.

Lightroom for Android syncs edits, metadata and collections with Lightroom 5.4 and up on PC and Mac, but has heavy storage space demands, with Adobe recommending that users keep 8GB free to ensure it runs smoothly.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
As a photography hobbyist that uses Lightroom, this is awesome!

Just noticed it needs a Creative Cloud account. I guess I'm going to have to pass on this. I own Lightroom 5 but I refuse to pay Adobe for a subscription for software. V.5 will likely be the last version I buy since they are no longer offering it as a one time fee software. Boo, playing with it for a few minutes it really has potential. The only caveat I can see is that the screen on my Nexus 6 isn't calibrated so the adjustments would only look good on my phone. I'd end up having to reedit them on my computer for proper printing. Oh well.

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score
As a photography hobbyist that uses Lightroom, this is awesome!

Just noticed it needs a Creative Cloud account. I guess I'm going to have to pass on this. I own Lightroom 5 but I refuse to pay Adobe for a subscription for software. V.5 will likely be the last version I buy since they are no longer offering it as a one time fee software. Boo, playing with it for a few minutes it really has potential. The only caveat I can see is that the screen on my Nexus 6 isn't calibrated so the adjustments would only look good on my phone. I'd end up having to reedit them on my computer for proper printing. Oh well.

I get where you are coming from but for about 120 a year you will always have the latest Lightroom and Photoshop. That's not a bad deal.

I never could get into Lightroom. Stuck with Photoshop.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I get where you are coming from but for about 120 a year you will always have the latest Lightroom and Photoshop. That's not a bad deal.

I never could get into Lightroom. Stuck with Photoshop.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

When I got my DSLR, I bought Lightroom right away. I never used Photoshop for RAW processing. I do edit photos once in a while that require Photoshop and fortunately where I work, we have a site license with at home licensing for employees.

If that was to ever go away I'd have to get Adobe CC. But I do it as a hobby. I don't feel I use them enough to warrant a monthly subscribption.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When I got my DSLR, I bought Lightroom right away. I never used Photoshop for RAW processing. I do edit photos once in a while that require Photoshop and fortunately where I work, we have a site license with at home licensing for employees.

If that was to ever go away I'd have to get Adobe CC. But I do it as a hobby. I don't feel I use them enough to warrant a monthly subscribption.
I hear you on this completely. I don't even play enough with photo editing to have justified the one-time price for Photoshop or anything else, so I'm definitely not paying every year for something that I barely use.

Sounds great for folks who DO use it though.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I do quite a bit of photo editing on my S5 photos, but for me personally, the built in photo editing software Samsung provides really works quite well for your basic editing needs.

I have used similar Adobe photo editing software in the past on my PC and was very impressed.

S5 tap'n