(Adobe) Flash Concerns

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by KevinJ, Feb 26, 2010.

1. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Every indication seems to be that we will be getting flash sometime during the second quarter of the year. Sorry, I won't read the article unless you copy/post it because I clicked on a link yesterday and my homepage got hijacked.
  3. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

good article.....good news is the droid is not on the list of phones that cannot support it
  4. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Recently, one of the hottest topics surrounding Android (and other platforms), is if and when Flash will be arriving. We've seen demos and heard rumblings for well over a year, but where are are now? Yes, there are handsets like the Motorola Devour with Flash Lite, but what about the full version? What can we really expect as Android users? And when can we expect it?The good news is that the final release of Adobe Flash will be available mid-year. As long as the handset meets certain hardware and software requirements, users can expect to see Flash on select models just a few months from now. This is where the bad news comes in - Most of the first generation of Android handsets won't meet the requirements of an ARM v7 (Cortex) chipset like those found in the Qualcomm Snapdragon and TI OMAP3 series. Taylor of AndroidAndMe put together a quick list of phones that won't make the cut for full Flash and they are:

• Sprint Hero
    • Sprint Moment
    • T-Mobile G1
    • T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    • T-Mobile CLIQ
    • T-Mobile Behold II
    • Verizon Droid Eris
    • Verizon Devour
    Keep in mind that some of these phones already offer a version of Flash Lite. It would be nice to see most, if not all, handsets at least support that iteration.
    We can't leave you on a down note so we thought we'd give you some more good news. According to some tests and independent studies, Flash will not be the battery killer we've heard it might be. The fear of draining a phone dry at an accelerated rate can be assuaged. FlashMobileBlog has found that "video can be played for well over 3 hours over Wi-Fi from YouTube in H.264 (Baseline 1.2)." Naturally, tweaking your WiFi, brightness, and background sync can impact the battery as well.
  5. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

Bob beat me to the reply. Guess that's what happens when you leave for a few hours. :)

I thought when I read it "now the Eris people are going to start crying that they won't get flash."
  6. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

The Droid will be getting Flash - it was announced by Adobe already.
  7. bpad10

bpad10 New Member

We will get flash IF and only IF we get 2.1.......:dry:. just sayin'
  8. hinky

hinky New Member

Here's some news - the Droid will get Flash before the iPhone will...
  9. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The list from the link said "Droid Eris" did not say "Moto Droid" so I agree with you SSHGuru
  10. takeshi

takeshi New Member

We'll get 2.1. I don't understand why the impatient think it's not happening if it doesn't occur on their own arbitrary timelines.