Adobe Flash 10.1 What's the verdict?

kmo

Reaction score
Not sure if my Flash is set up an working properly. I downloaded Adobe showcase to view some Flash 10.1 and the video side is viewable but the sound is like slo-mo and like someone has slowed down the audio portion. Can't understand anything that's spoken???? Not sure what's up with that. Also when I go to settings/manage applications everything is grey and I can't send to sd card or anything else. Do I need to anything special to launch 10.1? I thought once this was loaded on the phone it operate when needed on it's own....any help understanding how this works would be great.

Edit: Talked to VZW and HTC (conference call initiated by VZW) and it's funny how they point the finger at each other. VZW says it's HTC's issue and HTC says it's VZW's issue, haha. What a joke. Anyway finally got the HTC rep to duplicate the prblem I described and he said they will note the issue and file it with VZW and at some point "maybe" someone will come up with a fix. OK so what's the point of having flash on the 2.2 update if I can't use it any where? I have less and less faith in anyone at VZW or HTC for that matter when it comes to resolving problems, these forums are much more informative as far as real user experience. It's like there living in a vacuum. Also the HTC rep said that the Adobe Showcase came with the 2.2 update, I told him NO it did not that I downloaded it after the update (2.2) and manually installed it just to see how flash 10.1 worked. I only saw Adobe Flashplayer 10.1 in my apps after the OTA update not Adobe Showcase...not sure what HTC is talking about re: Adobe showcase.
One more thing, why isn't the INC listed on Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 device support page? >>>>http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/supported_devices/smartphones.html
Edit: OK Adobe has added the INC to the list, Im still having sound issues on the Flash Showcase App. http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/supported_devices/smartphones.html

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
I could not find it in the app market so I had to manually install it to my SD card from my PC. Works great!

...sent from my Droid 1 using tapatalk
Where have you actually used flash 10.1 succesfully? Can you be specific to sites that you've used...I still cannot even get it to work as far as I can see. My cache/data is still at 0.00B which tells me that my 10.1 flash has not been used yet. I have no ability in manage applications to send this over to SD card or any of the manage app controls like clear cache/data, uninstall, defaults. Everything is greyed out so no access. I can see it's there but that's about it...

Edit: I did download to the latest version of Flash 10.1.92.10 I still am having problems with the audio portion of Flash. It sounds like someone has turned down the speed of the audio track, it's all garbled up.

Last edited:

gsf

Reaction score
I can't find it on my phone after 2.2 update and will not download from web. HELP!!

from the home screen, go to settings.... Applications... manage applications, check your tabs on the top of the screen... downloads.. running.. all.... it should be listed in one of those columns.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
It's in the market now!!

Idk what this guy means by the audio being atrocious... there's absolutely no problems on mine. Even if the videos lagging, the sound is crystal clear for me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 seconds behind video, slow, garbled

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk