Adobe Flash 10.1 settings?

spower

Reaction score
So I got all the needed upgrades for my Moto Droid. Downloaded Adobe Flash from the market.
It says it is installed, but where is it? There is no icon anywhere to be found.

Also, are there any sites where you can go pick a movie and watch it? Or do you always have to download it?

Thanks!

mtz_gto

Reaction score
So I got all the needed upgrades for my Moto Droid. Downloaded Adobe Flash from the market.
It says it is installed, but where is it? There is no icon anywhere to be found.

Also, are there any sites where you can go pick a movie and watch it? Or do you always have to download it?

Thanks!

OPTION 1:

On the Moto Droid 1 you can use "Dolphin HD" web browser,
change the settings to "desktop" instead of the preselected
"android" option and you will bypass the Hulu.com mobile block
they have in place.

OPTION 2: (Best Option)

Download & install bittorrent, go to thepiratebay.org, download
the movie you want to watch. Use handbrake to format the movie
for your Moto 1 Droid.

OPTION 3:

Buy Jetflex from the market or other similar movie watching app.
Maybe Blockbuster?

Note: If you dont know where to find/download/use a specific program... SEARCH!!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks!

OPTION 1:

On the Moto Droid 1 you can use "Dolphin HD" web browser,
change the settings to "desktop" instead of the preselected
"android" option and you will bypass the Hulu.com mobile block
they have in place.

OPTION 2: (Best Option)

Download & install bittorrent, go to thepiratebay.org, download
the movie you want to watch. Use handbrake to format the movie
for your Moto 1 Droid.

OPTION 3:

Buy Jetflex from the market or other similar movie watching app.
Maybe Blockbuster?

Note: If you dont know where to find/download/use a specific program... SEARCH!!

Option 4

Use stock browser type about:debug into address bar hit go. The screen won't change, then menu, more, settings, scroll to bottom, UAString, desktop, back out, go to flash enabled site, enjoy

GrillMouster

Reaction score
If you go to the Application Manager you'll see Adobe Flash 10.1 in the list of applications. Adobe Flash 10.1 isn't an app that you launch independently, which is why you won't find it in the app drawer. It's a plug-in that will open in the background when you open a web page that includes flash elements. You could also use your internet browser as a file browser to open locally saved flash movies.

By the way, flash can slow down your internet browsing experience, if the web page includes ads and other elements in flash format (and most ads are in flash nowadays). If you go to the browser settings and enable "on demand" for plug-ins (by default it's set to enable), your browsing will be much faster. Wherever there are flash elements you'll see a little arrow icon you can click on if you want it to run.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
If you go to the Application Manager you'll see Adobe Flash 10.1 in the list of applications. Adobe Flash 10.1 isn't an app that you launch independently, which is why you won't find it in the app drawer. It's a plug-in that will open in the background when you open a web page that includes flash elements. You could also use your internet browser as a file browser to open locally saved flash movies.

By the way, flash can slow down your internet browsing experience, if the web page includes ads and other elements in flash format (and most ads are in flash nowadays). If you go to the browser settings and enable "on demand" for plug-ins (by default it's set to enable), your browsing will be much faster. Wherever there are flash elements you'll see a little arrow icon you can click on if you want it to run.

Hmm, I tried Opera Mini on hulu.com and it says I need the flash player to watch the movie. It is already installed and I can see it like you described.