adjusting from BlackBerry

wheatieclerk

Reaction score
Hi--new to forums (any kind) but can't find an answer on Google...I like my new Droid except the email apps are driving me crazy. I have 2--an MSN one and a Hotmail one. 1st, I want a different alert for each one and the phone seems to default to the same one--if I change sounds it applies to both accounts. Second, the Hotmail account seems to display in Outlook, which I want, but the MSN account comes up in some weird black background. Only if I sign out of Hotmail and sign in to Windows Live with the MSN account will it display in white. And the calendar is hopeless--I want something like my BlackBerry calendar function. Any suggestions?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

You might check out 2 apps in the play store - light flow (it allows you to set LED notification and sound by account) or K9 which is an email app that allows you to setup each account.

I haven't used a blackberry in sometime so I don't remember the calendar that well - but you might check out Jorte, CalenGoo, Business Calendar - they are all nice 3rd party apps in the play store.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Definitely check out STG's suggestions and let us know how you make out :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome :)

OP
W

wheatieclerk

Reaction score
Adjusting from BlackBerry - Calendar is working!

Thanks for the good advice. I did download Business Calendar and like it a WHOLE LOT! Still working on the alerts from the various emails, but I think I have that solved too - you seem to need to set them in a number of places. Still checking that out. I will continue to watch this forum - it is really useful.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Glad you're progressing with your new phone. DancingNexus