Adjusting call volume problem

Reaction score
My deepest apologies It was working and truth be told I have access to the volume button longer than before, I tried other volume controls again nothing lasted Sorry about the false hope if I could delete the post I would. I was just so excieted but I will contine to search for this. Truth be told this should not be happening Motorola has got to be lousy company to miss out on this. sorry people.

djspy

Reaction score
Glad to see im not the only one with this problem. seems to me it's "feature" on the phone and not a problem :mad:

EDIT: When i first got my phone i used to be able to to this simple task. Maybe something got jacked up with the update. Is evryone here rooted?

EDIT AGAIN: Problem is gone in Safe Mode and it looks to be gone in normal mode for now

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...mode-droid-razr-razr-maxx-yep-its-winner.html

Last edited:

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Dude. Seriously, you "yelled" at us with caps and then it was all for nothing. Some genius, lol. I keed. I keed :p

It's a bug. I'm on my second and neither works when the screen is blank.[/QUOTE

I was not yelling at "you" I was yelling at the situcation.

I'm with ya man. Seriously. I really was kidding :)

Reaction score
tell me if you think I made the right decision

I'm with ya man. Seriously. I really was kidding :)

Motorola wanted me to send in the phone. I could have because I have because I have an htc. But I've heard so many people send in electronics miles away and it doesn't come back right then they are stuck. If it was local I'd do it because then I can confront the technician. They deny or never heard of this problem I've sent them several links not many people are complaining but there are a few. I just figured I'd use this phone for a year and when htc or another phone comes out with a quad core and amolete screen I'll buy that one.( and yes I have to even test a volume button) what a shame. Im begining to feel the industry takes it's practices from the street hustlers on 42nd st. I will most likely never buy a motorola again. all the phones in the store had the same problem even the manager saw it but of course he can't say much in writing because he represents Verizon. (its amazing how much the customer money is respected.) My old Droid X had the same problem.

My question would of you sent in the phone or just kept it.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Motorola wanted me to send in the phone. I could have because I have because I have an htc. But I've heard so many people send in electronics miles away and it doesn't come back right then they are stuck. If it was local I'd do it because then I can confront the technician. They deny or never heard of this problem I've sent them several links not many people are complaining but there are a few. I just figured I'd use this phone for a year and when htc or another phone comes out with a quad core and amolete screen I'll buy that one.( and yes I have to even test a volume button) what a shame. Im begining to feel the industry takes it's practices from the street hustlers on 42nd st. I will most likely never buy a motorola again. all the phones in the store had the same problem even the manager saw it but of course he can't say much in writing because he represents Verizon. (its amazing how much the customer money is respected.) My old Droid X had the same problem.

My question would of you sent in the phone or just kept it.

I wouldn't, but it's not that big of a deal with me. I just tell people to hold on a sec and I adjust it after waking up the screen. I look at it this way, I'm an early adopter to a phone that is going to have bugs. If I remain active in the forums, eventually they'll get the bugs fixed. But, since I'm an early adopter, I'm always going to have bugs on all my phones. I just don't keep them long enough to get the bugs worked out. As for this problem, if the Motorola rep says he hasn't seen it, tell him to go pick up his own Razr. I'm sure that they all do it.

Now the bigger problem is the wireless hotspot. That's a huge problem. Especially with Verizon charging us $30 per month for a service that doesn't work.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Motorola set it up to be changed only when pressed repeatedly. My wouldn't work this way, but after I did a factory reset, now it changes up or down when pressed repeatedly.

nickb34

Reaction score
I may have to try a factory reset.... that's kind of a BS way to fix things though.

Reaction score
Motorola set it up to be changed only when pressed repeatedly. My wouldn't work this way, but after I did a factory reset, now it changes up or down when pressed repeatedly.

I tried the factory reset a few times it usually works in the beginning then the defect (can't change call volume comes back) of course motorola and verizon knows absolutly nothing about this nor will they support it. The only thing you can do is mail the phone to moto for either a fix or a new refurb phone (if after the 14 days) yep thats right ladies and gentlemen Motorola has been selling broken phones for a while. i had this on my droid X it's amazing you actually have to do a quality control test for about an hour before you buy one of these things

Aristont

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and a bit late to this thread. I had this problem, too, and stumbled on a solution. Download the "Llama" app from the Play Store here, then set a profile with the in-call volume however you want it. It will not make your volume rocker work during a call, but it keeps it from going back to maximum every single time.

The app is also useful in other ways. I use it to silence my phone during church on Sundays.

I hope it works for you. I agree that we should not have to download an app to make our volume, a basic phone function, work. Maybe I'll go back to HTC after this handset...