Adjusting battery capacity

wowings

Reaction score
What are the downsides of adjusting the battery capacity in the battery monitor widget from 1400 to 1700?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
W

wowings

Reaction score
I asked the VZW representAtive about the battery widget upgrading. He said that the batteries could withstand a 50% increse in charge without damage. He does this with his own TB. So far, three days and no adverse impact. Additionally, the battery is lasting four or more more hours than usual. If I am doing something wrong let me know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Wowings-

How would I do as you mentioned about changing something so half more of battery can be utilized?

Id like to do this, can you please tell me how?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
W

wowings

Reaction score
I am hoping this does not cause the battery to overheat and damage the phone. Here is the process using the Battery Monitor widget. Once you have opened the widget, press the Menu key on the phone (not the app). Go to system, then to monitoring, then to battery capacity. From there you can adjust the capacity. I take the original batter to 1650 and the Seido 1600 battery to 1750. So far - about 20 charges each - there has not been any problem and the battery does last longer. Hope this helps.
Bill

iRenegade

Reaction score
I do not believe that over-riding the capacity actual increases capacity on BMW. I think it only resets the range to read as if the battery has the higher capacity. my stock batterywas reading 1150 out of 1350 on auto detection, I reset it on BMW to 1700 and now it's showing 1500+, I think it's just proportional to any number you sub in there.
I've search all over and can't find an answer. I haven't registered on the developer's site toask this question yet.