Adjust taskkillers?? BBv0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by guitarboy1193, Aug 26, 2010.

1. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay the native task killer is great! But its too vigorous. I need to adjust it or something so it won't kill any app as soon as I leave it for two seconds. If I get a message while in the market downloading something, and I go to the message, it will kill the market app while I'm in the message and stop the dl. I understand we need space but it would be nice if I didn't have to always have 40mb free and it would only start killing around 25 or 30.
    Any solutions would be great.
    Thanks a million!

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    :popcorn: I guess there will always be discussions on the need of a task killer-long and short- the Android Operating System has a very proficient and effective task managment process built in, installing third party apps that claim to do the same thing just add confusion to the O/S and slow down your device...just let Android take care of itself when it comes to that department

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
  4. stanrc

stanrc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't BB use more aggressive memory settings? i think he is just saying that he wants it to be less aggressive, not use a 3rd party task manager.

There was a thread on here or xda about manually editing the built in memory management settings but I can't find it now.

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    You might want to just reinstall the rom. I used BBv04 for a long time and it did not kill a download when I went to other apps. What you are describing is not normal Bugless Beast V0.4 behavior as I experienced it.

6. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    I remember Pete talking about that in a thread, I also remember him saying if you mess with the settings he will not offer technical support on any level...seemed dangerous to me so I never indulged in it.

You could look up (minfree) in the Market, it is not so much a task manager/killer, it manages the amount of free space that is allowed at certain times

It basically messes with the settings that Pete was tweaking with but it has preset (as well as manual) options Aggressive and back to stock being a few of them, I used it for a few weeks, didn't see any performance gains and uninstalled

7. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yeah i didnt want to tweak with my phone after he posted the disclaimer saying her would not help if something goes wrong. but basically my problem is that BB kills tasks while im still trying to use them, apps such as screen shot and market. Market will be ended while downloading, thus halting the download and i have to go back to retry the download. And for screenshot, ill go back to the other screen i wanted to get a pic of and then by the time i shake my phone to take the pic, screenshot is already killed and i have to mess with it for 5 mins or so to try to get it back up and running. im gonna try to limit what my phone has running by just killing unnecesarry apps, like 2 of the 3 battery monitors, ect. and try to free some space. I havent been having many bad redraw issues with launcher pro however, just a few of the apps close too early.
    But thank you for your help and im sure all my problems will be fine soon

8. droiddadi

droiddadi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Minfree lets you change the settings. I don't like roms that comes with aggressive settings. Too many side effects.

9. Juz10xD

Juz10xD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe I am having the same issue with the built in task killer for bb v.04. But it happens in my web browser, so I will be writing a response to a thread, and all of a sudden, the browser will close on me, and I have to find the thread again and retype all that got deleted. It gets annoying and also sucks just when ur browsing the web and you lose the exact site you were on (I.e., searching via google).

I thought it was my cpu speed being overclocked to 1250 mghz via chevy's kernel for froyo, so I tuned it down to 800, which not only slowed down the browser rediculously but it still kept closing on me at random times. So I reinstalled bb v04 again right after clearing my cache and partition numerous times... and still, the same thing happens. Any solutions???

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010