Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Well I have been running this for a few days now and really like it. Blocks ads in apps and browser. I haven't tried all apps but it does a good job with Chrome and my local news app.

It is a free week trial then after that there is a subscription price starting at $10/year up to $25/life..

The only 2 downsides are the icon in the notification area letting you know you are using a VPN. Also the notification on the lock screen. Thay is really all this app does is creates a VPN for you and uses it. I am sure the more tech savy could do this for themselves but for me this one click method is just to easy.

So far this has been a great experience for me as I hate the ads in Chrome and this was a huge reason I missed root. Once I found this though I was very very happy and will pay for a year of service.

If you want to check it out of course you will have to go right to the site as it is an Ad blocker and Google will not allow it in the Play Store

www.adguard.com

Note 4tified

Note 4tified

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That price is pretty steep (I'd rather be able to buy the apps I frequent without ads, but in many cases there is no such option).

FYI, adblock isn't what it used to be. I still get in-app ads, though it works pretty good in the browsers (which is the main thing).

I wonder when I'm tethered if this will also block ads on my pc browser (ABP, if you remember, started white listing sites that paid it)

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
My main reason for wanting it is in Chrome. Nochrome is another option but for me $10/year isn't anything to block ads in the browser.

Note 4tified

Reactions: cr6

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My main reason for wanting it is in Chrome. Nochrome is another option but for me $10/year isn't anything to block ads in the browser.

Note 4tified

I would have just changed browsers. Ads on Droidforums, of all places, (forget which browser) were especially intrusive and annoying - full screen pop-ups that were difficult to close

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I use AdFree on my rooted S5 and it blocks 99.99% of all the ads, whether browser or app related. I was a former AdAway user and used to still get ads within many apps. With AdFree, the only ads I get now are in YouTube, the ones that play before you watch a video....But you can't get rid of those, so I'm a satisfied customer.
I don't play a lot of games on my device, but out of the 83 apps currently installed (Which is high for me) it blocks all the ads.
IMO, 10 bucks a year or 25 for lifetime use is a small price to pay. If I wasn't rooted I'd give it a go for a year.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If this is creating a VPN for you, are you actually browsing anonymously? Would that be more secure when on free wifi?

If that's the case, it might be worth it even without the ad blocking.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
It has a lot of features. To be honest I didn't read all the options as I was setting it up.

Note 4tified

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I use AdFree on my rooted S5 and it blocks 99.99% of all the ads, whether browser or app related. I was a former AdAway user and used to still get ads within many apps. With AdFree, the only ads I get now are in YouTube, the ones that play before you watch a video....But you can't get rid of those, so I'm a satisfied customer.
I don't play a lot of games on my device, but out of the 83 apps currently installed (Which is high for me) it blocks all the ads.
IMO, 10 bucks a year or 25 for lifetime use is a small price to pay. If I wasn't rooted I'd give it a go for a year.
Where, pray tell can I find it?