1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

adfree messes with page layout?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by smurray, Dec 31, 2009.

1. smurray

smurray New Member

I installed adfree this morning on my newly rooted droid, and I've noticed what appears to be quite a big negative side effect. Before installing it, the browser was very good at formatting columns of text to fit the browser window. Double tapping on a column of text would always zoom in and fit the text to the screen. Using the manual zoom in/out buttons would readjust the text to fit the screen again. After installing adfree however, this stopped working. I find myself constantly having to scroll left and right when reading web page articles. Reverting my hosts back from within adfree seems to fix the problem, but of course it also stops blocking ads.

Is this a known issue? Must I choose between properly formatted columns and adfree pages?
  2. LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout New Member

i have ad free and i have not really noticed any issues.
  3. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

I don't know if its adfree or dolphin browser, but sometimes a zoom won't take. The browser will zoom out and then revert.

More annoying, and definitely caused by adfreee, is not being able to get to certain links. On slate.com, for example, the related links at the end of a column are blocked as ads.
  4. JhankG

JhankG New Member

If you're trying to figure out if it is the Dolphin Browser that is causing the issue, why not open the same page in the default browser and see if you experience the same problem?
  5. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

Because it happens rarely enough that I don't care that much, I figured i'd ***** about something while we were at it. :) Seriously, I think a reboot might have cleared it up at this point.

Now I would actually appreciate a way to configure adfree to not block links we click on.