1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Adfree Android Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by tmk, Dec 21, 2010.

1. tmk

tmk New Member

I've had Adfree Android installed on my rooted phone for months and it worked just fine. Now my ads are back, and Adfree says an update has been found for new hostnames. When I select "download & install host", the app is stuck on "connecting". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adree, but I keep getting the same problem. I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I also installed Autokill Memory Optimizer on my phone today to see how it worked. Not knowing if this was the problem with my Adfree app, I removed that app from my phone. Does anyone know what the problem can be and instruct me on how to fix it? Thanks!
  2. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

whatup, are you familiar with terminal emulator, adb, or have root explorer...or my app.... :p? if so you can download a hosts file, that has a current list of known ad site urls and blocks them by resolving their hosts urls to 127.0.0.1 which effectively loops them back to your device and doesn't allow the connection.

let me know if you are able to use either one of those options, and i can get ya details.
  3. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

would you pls post those instructions? im having the same issues ...
  4. tmk

tmk New Member

I guess installing Autokiller Memory Optimizer was a coincidence and not the culprit. I did an internet search and several people were unable to update Adfree. Whatever it was, it seems to be fixed now. Adree updated this morning and ads are gone again. Thanks for the help!
Search tags for this page
adfree android faq
adfree android instructions
adfree android unable get root

adfree android unable to locate a partition

adfree locate partition
adfree unable to find partition

adfree unable to locate a partition

android adfree help
disable adfree
disable adfree android
motorola razr adfree unable to locate a partition to remount