Additional Skins for Thunderbolt

Reaction score
Custom Thunderbolt Skins - Root Not Required!

Anybody looking for a few more skins for their Thunderbolt? For those that haven't seen it yet, sopL87 over at XDA Developers created, ported, or assisted on about 30 or so for Sense 2.0 that work on the TB. There are a bunch in the first few posts of the thread (numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, & 7). There are also a few more in a thread by gadget!. Rooting is not required to apply these new skins. However, you must register for membership at XDA to download and install most of them, but there is a link to 3 of them in an article on Droid-Life below available without registration.

[SKIN][Tutorial][08.03.2011] Skins for HTC Sense 2.0 roms & Framework mods. - xda-developers
Download: 30 Additional Sense 2.0 Skins for Your HTC Thunderbolt - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
HD Skins for Z based ROMs - xda-developers

You want some cool "lightning bolt" themed wallpapers to match the colors of your new skins too? Check this link out:

http://htc-thunderbolt.org/?p=277

Skins and wallpapers are just 2 simple and fast ways to customize your Thunderbolt without rooting to make it unique.

Last edited:
OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
A few more quick examples below, now that I've finally figured out how to capture screen shots without being rooted. Feel free to post your own screen shots of these skins with your own wallpaper combinations.

Last edited:

fishfood

Reaction score
What exactly is a "Z-based" ROM? Love these skins but don't want to screw anything up if i'm not compatible...

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
What exactly is a "Z-based" ROM? Love these skins but don't want to screw anything up if i'm not compatible...

I think its just referring to the HTC Desire Z (those were probably pulled from ROMs designed for that phone, then ported over). All the skins above are supposed to work with the TB. I have already tried several of them and not noticed any problems yet.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
A few more quick examples below, now that I've finally figured out how to capture screen shots without being rooted.

How did you capture the screen shots?

Thanks...Dalene

I used the following 2 articles as a guide, although they are not perfect. I had some troubles when it came to the drivers, but eventually got it working fine. It can definitely be kind of a hassle, but worth it if you really want to post screen shots without rooting. If you are considering rooting, you might as well do that instead so you can use an easy program like ShootMe.

How to: Take Screens Shots without Rooting your Motorola Droid - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
How to: Take Screenshots with the DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give em a read tomorrow. I had a Droid rooted, don't think I will root this one just yet. It seems to do most everything I want right now and the skins are a great addition.

RevosFTS

Reaction score
Am I screwed cuz I'm running a rooted bolt with sense 3.0 based ROM? I been lookin for skins too...

Sent from my Thunderbolt running Das Bamf Sense 3!?

JRParsons

Reaction score
I downloaded a few of these, some are really good.

Last edited:

find_the_cure4

Reaction score
I downloaded the pbcsense skin as an apk file but it did not show up in skins. I found it in the downloads file, but I can't seem to get it to skins and it cannot be applied. Please help.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I downloaded the pbcsense skin as an apk file but it did not show up in skins. I found it in the downloads file, but I can't seem to get it to skins and it cannot be applied. Please help.

If I'm not mistaken, these were for Android 2.2 (Froyo), they don't work with 2.3 (Gingerbread), if you got the last few updates from HTC/Verizon, you have 2.3. I had a bunch of these, but they were all gone when I updated to 2.3. Sorry