Adding TV Out Capability to Fascinate

coleocole

Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution to getting the TV Out capability on the Fascinate? I know that all other Galaxy S models have it, and after a little research, the Fascinate can support it. It just seems that the option itself was removed from the menu.

Has anyone found a fix yet?

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution to getting the TV Out capability on the Fascinate? I know that all other Galaxy S models have it, and after a little research, the Fascinate can support it. It just seems that the option itself was removed from the menu.

Has anyone found a fix yet?

Its not yet supported by Samsung. They will be adding the ability with the launch of 2.2 with their specialized cable for it.

OP
C

coleocole

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. With 2.2, is it going to work similar to the TV Out capabilities of the Dinc, or is it going to be only user-generated output?

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. With 2.2, is it going to work similar to the TV Out capabilities of the Dinc, or is it going to be only user-generated output?

From what I am told from a Samsung rep, they said its going to be a replicating or copycat screen for the TV. Meaning, whatever is being display on the phone will showup on the TV or he said that you can assign a singular app to be display only. For example, if you have a vehicle with TVs in there, you could theoretically have a movie playing on the TV screens while Navigation is showing on the phone's display but I will see when I believe it.

chulew

Reaction score
I am hoping that the base functions for these 4 phones are the same and it will only take time and software patches/hacks to enable features missing on some Galaxy S models which is present on others. Since HDMI out via micro USB appears to be one of these, I'm hoping that the 3.5" TV out can be enabled on Fascinate. If not, I may stay with TMO.

OP
C

coleocole

Reaction score
Read that Samsung released source code for the Fascinate. What are the odds that someone can root and add the 3.5mm tv out capability now?