adding quoted text to a sentence. what gives?

paradime313

Reaction score
A temporary workaround is to download Swiftkey from the Market (free or pay should work)...then go into Menu>Language & Keyboard and check the checkbox for Swiftkey AND make sure you also go to "Input Method" and select Swiftkey...

This allows your physical keyboard to actually use the properties of Swiftkey and eliminates the issue of quotation marks, parenthesis, dollar signs, etc. being attached to the previous word rather than the upcoming word....

Swiftkey also has some good predictive text so I'm actually liking switching over...only bug I've seen with this is that if you now try to go to Landscape on your Pro screen you cannot get an on-screen keyboard to come up...

Signed up here after reading this thread just to give you a big THANK YOU for this post. This problem had me at my wit's end, and I was going to dump the phone completely. Mainly because this affects the "@" sign which I use a lot for text and twitter. SwiftKey works perfectly.

OP
dep

dep

Reaction score
A temporary workaround is to download Swiftkey from the Market (free or pay should work)...then go into Menu>Language & Keyboard and check the checkbox for Swiftkey AND make sure you also go to "Input Method" and select Swiftkey...

This allows your physical keyboard to actually use the properties of Swiftkey and eliminates the issue of quotation marks, parenthesis, dollar signs, etc. being attached to the previous word rather than the upcoming word....

Swiftkey also has some good predictive text so I'm actually liking switching over...only bug I've seen with this is that if you now try to go to Landscape on your Pro screen you cannot get an on-screen keyboard to come up...

Yeah WOW, awesome tip!!! Thanks!

OP
dep

dep

Reaction score
The loss of voice button use is a trade off, but getting used to having my side key open vlingo instead.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Vlingo via side key is an awesome idea! Never thought of that :)