1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

adding kernels to PE 5.0.2 Kernel List

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by c_hale22, Mar 11, 2011.

1. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer Theme Developer

My question...

Can I add a kernel to PE 5.0.2 and have it show up in the Elite Options / Performance / Change Kernels list. That would be very cool if thats possible.

Not sure how its setup but if its as easy as adding the new kernel to a specific folder or file and running/editing a script. Im sure its not that easy or else everyone would be doing it. lol

Thanks in advance for any info.
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Now, I am by no means qualified to answer this question with 100% certainty ... but I am pretty sure the answer is no. I assume that the PE team hosts these kernels on an ftp site somewhere and when you install one it actually downloads and installs - the kernels are not actually stored on the phone.

Again, I am no expert so someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Well hell that makes alot of sense to me, never even look at it that way.
  4. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 New Member

I second that notion. As when you check for an update, it reaches out, downloads, then restart into recovery. I think it tells you the same thing when you choose a new kernel. I think both just download a new update.zip and then run it from recovery. Pretty slick.