1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Adding icons to existing Icon Themes...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by chucklehead, Nov 4, 2011.

1. chucklehead

chucklehead New Member

If I wanted to add some of my own icons to an existing Icon Theme, how would I go about doing that?

I'm assuming I'd have to use APK Manager to open the package and add the image files but where do I find the exact name of the app/icon I want to add? For example, the package I'm using doesn't include an Astro File Manager icon. I have an icon for it but just placing the icon in the image folder and naming it Astro won't work. I have to have it's proper name. The Netflix icon is named com_anddev_netflix_netflix.png. Where do I find the exact name needed for the app/icon?

After I finish adding all the properly named icons I planned on using APK Manager to recompile my file. I should then be able to just install it like any other apk file.

Is that the proper way to do what I want to do? Once I get the file names corrected?
Search tags for this page

how to add icons in existing themes

how to add icons to an existing apk