Adding boot sound to the X.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by oldschool71, Sep 30, 2010.

1. oldschool71

oldschool71 New Member

Has anyone had any success with getting a sound to play during the boot up and not just after?
  2. oldschool71

oldschool71 New Member

Update

I have modified the build.prop and been able to get the startup sound to work but still only plays at the end of the animation. In the string that starts as:
    # BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 12-Mar-2010, IKSHADOW-1784, Power Up Tone

There are seven lines of code all beginning with the # symbol. I removed all seven lines and replaced them with the following.

# BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 12-Mar-2010, IKSHADOW-1784, Power Up Tone
    persist.mot.powerup.tone=/data/local/whatevertoneyouwant.ogg
    # END IKSHADOW-1784

The sound you want to play needs to be placed in your phone in the /data/local folder
    I have not tried to use any other format types i.e. .mp3 but the .ogg format does work
  3. oldschool71

oldschool71 New Member

Sound now working during bootanimation

I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
    2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
    3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
    4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
    5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
    6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
    7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks

Attached Files:

4. infiniteillusions

infiniteillusions New Member

I'm trying to add sound to the stock boot animation. Where would I need to put the sound clip? I tried

adb push android_audio.ogg /data/local

and sound still doesn't work on bootup

P.S. I am not rooted.
  5. Daali

Daali New Member

oldschool's 10-5 method is the way I did mine.

sound needs to be in the /system/media

Here is mine:
  6. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

man nothing seems to be working forme i just did this thing this other gentleman suggested n i still get some weird sound on boot that i dont know where its coming from . im losing my mind trying to figure this out

2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
    4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
    6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
    7. simple as that.

took all these steps but nothing but what goes in the media folder ?

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media ]] how do i know what sound is assigned to my bootanimation ? ill be happy with just the droid sound
  7. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

so which now

which method do we use the first or the second , ? all im trying to do is get my DROID sound to go on bootup like stock / thats it
    i tried copy pasting the audio file Droid.ogg and pasting it right under where my boot animation so that its in both places n it still didnt work .
    if it matters im rooted stock no roms no themes
  8. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

update omg so after so after 5 hours lol back and forth with Daali then coming here n seeing oldschools method something went exactly RIGHT for a change .

hopefully this will help anyone whom had my same issue . first I followed this : thakns to OLDSCHOOL
    7. simple as that.
    You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

I did all this leaving the old one {bootanimation2} on the SD.. put his downloadable link file in my system/bin

then I went to system/media/audio/notifications : I took the Droid.ogg file n moved it ] not copy pasted but moved it to the same directory you have your bootanimation.zip stored which should be system/media

now my boot animation has a text document named desc.txt in it that had this in it :

480 480 10
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1

I was told by Daali that it had to have n be exactly like the audio file so i had to make it look like this :

480 480 10
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1
    s Droid.ogg

the audio file in your notifications well the one i wanted which was the defualt "Droid" is named Droid.ogg
    so they have to look the same in that text inside your animation file so that your phone can recognize both.

so yeah I dont know what OLDSCHOOLS file changed from the one that was originally there but it worked .

so take his put it in you BIN
    take yours out , go to your media notifications move the audio file which I used the defualt Droid.ogg to your system/media section where you placed your bootanimation.

thanks guys , peace im off to bed finally . this is starting to feel like a fulltime job ...
  9. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

So once I move the file I want to use I should rename it to whateveryouwant.ogg or edit the doc?

DroidX + Droidforums.net + Tapatalk = Me Happier
  10. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

How do I edit desc.txt

11. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

Ok, so ive gotten pretty good at hacking my DX. Its pretty, runs smooth, up to date, and ive avoided bootlops and brickage completely. I'm running Big DX's Serenity Theme, it changes the stock boot sequence's Red X Eye to the color of the particular theme you have loaded(I.E. Green Eye) . So before I tried this my phone booted with a green eye, now I have no boot picture. I'm confident in being able to back track and put backups where they go, but what am I missing? I downloaded the file. Extracted, renamed original, moved to sd, placed extracted file on phone. Moved music to media folder on the phone, even added the line
    S altstart.mp3
    To the desc.txt inside bootanimation.zip.

Please help

12. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

That what I did was I extracted the file to desktop.
    Then I changed the desc. txt. Then I highlighted the three parts right clicked then selected make an archive however you have to make it a zip file not a far.
    That's it. Get winrar some use 7zip same thing.
    You have to make sure the audio file names the name in the desc. txt. Look the same. .ogg
    In the document. It should be s Droid.ogg or whatever one you are using.
  13. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

Do I have to be running that ugly r2d2?

14. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

That's not there on mine. At all
  15. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

I think I've done everything right, its just that my theme is messing it up cuz I lost my whole animation

16. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

I have no ROM no THEME only Rooted

I have to step out but if youre still around later when i get back ill glady try to help you as others here have helped me bro . later
  17. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

Please help

18. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

I'm using my phone to rezip the bootanimation.zip after changing the name of the sound I want played. Is this a issue. File is called a zip when I'm done... Just wondering cuz I got the r2d2 to work, but when I changed the name of the sound and reziped the boot animation totaly failed. Also I don't want the r2d2 image at start. I just want to add sound to what I have.

19. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

hey

please look closely at oldschools instructions n mine .
    the file he provides you will put in your system bin folder .
    then the sound you want from your media notifications folder ,which i used the Droid.ogg you move that file to where your bootanimation.zip is .

now that bootanimation file .zip as i explained in the other post as to have
    s Droid.ogg in that desc.txt file / so whatever bootanimation you have extract the whole thing to your desktop edit the txt then re complie it with winrar , adding to archive making it a zip file not rar file n you should be ok . thats exactly what i did
  20. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

Ok, I'm going to try over again, this time use the pc not just my dx. I think it might just be a issue with the way the zip is being made when I tell root explorer to zip this file. Cuz I don't see y the r2d2 would fail completely with just the

S altstart.mp3

Added. Wish me luck, when my bad ass kids chill out I'll let u kno my progress

Search tags for this page

android audio.ogg