Adding Alarm sounds/tones

mishmash

Reaction score
Has anybody discoverd a way to transfer the standard ringtones to the alarm tones? The standard alarm tones suck, but I was able to customize a song to a ringtone that would be perfect as an alarm.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anybody discoverd a way to transfer the standard ringtones to the alarm tones? The standard alarm tones suck, but I was able to customize a song to a ringtone that would be perfect as an alarm.

Is this an MP3 ringtone? If it is I suggest you download ringdroid. It will allow you to make custom rings for all your different items and it's real easy to use. It's in the market.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make a folder in the root of your SD card....Make this folder and subfolders and place the mp3's in all 3 of the last folders inside the "audio" one.

media-->audio-->(alarms)(notifications)(ringtones)

OP
M

mishmash

Reaction score
Make a folder in the root of your SD card....Make this folder and subfolders and place the mp3's in all 3 of the last folders inside the "audio" one.

media-->audio-->(alarms)(notifications)(ringtones)
Huh :unsure: I downloaded ringdroid, but when I open it, the only thing there are the ringtones that came with the phone and 2 voice notes that were on my SD card from my previous phone. I have all my music on my phone, and I assume it is being stored on my SD card, but, I can't even find the 2 voice notes on the phone when I connect to my PC, so where are these files being stored? This was the same SD card I used in my Storm (8mb instead of 2), so do I need to pull it, erase it and start over?

OP
M

mishmash

Reaction score
Well, I reformated my SD card and copied all my music to it and was able to use the song as a ringtone. What I am confused about is why are all the pictures, videos, music, etc that I add to my phone not being stored on my SD card. I have gone through all the settings and I cant find anything that gives you the option of storing to the phone vs. SD card.