Adding a 'Shuffle' option to each list in the Music player

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dhinged, Aug 14, 2010.

1. dhinged

dhinged Member

I'm modifying some features of Android's Music player and would like your opinion on something.

I want to add 'Shuffle' to the lists (Artists, Albums, Songs, Playlists) so that you can short-press it once to shuffle the entire list. However, the Music player's shuffle toggle in the Now Playing view might interfere with this; my question is: if you have shuffle turned on, do you ever turn it off and for what reason? It seems pretty random to want to hear the rest of the ordered list after you've selected to shuffle. I've never turned off shuffle unless I wanted to hear an entire album from beginning to end in order and shuffle is already turned on.

Basically I'm wondering if adding a 'Shuffle' option to each list would collide with the shuffle toggle on the player for most people.
  2. racinjunkie

racinjunkie New Member

I'm not sure what you man by "shuffle toggle," but I'm looking for a way to shuffle songs within a play list. I don't want to hear them in the same order everytime so if your add on would do that I'm all for it or if there's anyother way to do that I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.
  3. dhinged

dhinged Member

Android already has a shuffle toggle in that if you start a playlist, you can choose to keep shuffle on or leave it off, and it remains persistent through subsequent plays.

I'm simply trying to add a "Shuffle this playlist" selection that automatically shuffles the playlist for you so that you don't have to choose a song. However there are many shuffle options so I'm just asking people's opinions.
  4. racinjunkie

racinjunkie New Member

Could you possible explain, in layman's terms how to turn on the shuffle toggle? That seems to be what I'm looking for only I don't know how to turn it on.
  5. PSUDroid

PSUDroid New Member

Can you make the player not eat up my battery?
Search tags for this page

android audio players won't remember position on shuffle

android music shuffle jelly bean

can you shuffle playlist on tunes from android

droid charge music player shuffle

droid charge music shuffle

droid x2 wont shuffle

how do you turn off shuffle music on droid razor m

how to turn off shake to shuffle on android

how to turn off shuffle on android music player

music on android won't shuffle

searchgalaxy won't shuffle