Adding A New Paragraph While Texting?

Ashley

Reaction score
I've realized that when I'm sending an email, or using the Twitter app and/or on the mobile web I can add a new paragraph by selecting the "Enter" button, but when I'm texting that "Enter" button turns into a ":)" button. :/

Is there any way I can add a new paragraph while texting?

Thanks for anyone that helps! :)

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I use the return (some call it the enter button), The one that look like a big J with an arrow on it. It gives me a new paragraph when texting.

This is a computer keyboard, but it has the symbol.
keyboard3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
A

Ashley

Reaction score
I use the return (some call it the enter button), The one that look like a big J with an arrow on it. It gives me a new paragraph when texting.

This is a computer keyboard, but it has the symbol.
keyboard3.jpg

When I text with the touch screen; that button turns into ":)"
And if I hit the enter button on the keypad, rather than a new paragraph, it sends the text instead.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
Check your menu options on the keyboard. You may have something turned on. Are you using the standard keyboard, or one you added?

OP
A

Ashley

Reaction score
Check your menu options on the keyboard. You may have something turned on. Are you using the standard keyboard, or one you added?

I just went through the keyboard options and settings and couldn't find anything, perhaps I'm missing something? And I am using the standard keyboard. Both the touch screen and actual keyboard are standard.

OP
A

Ashley

Reaction score
Problem solved!! =)

After readind PsychoDroid's questions I did some exploring and searched for different apps to download, I discovered I can down new keyboards. I'm using the iPhone keyboard app and I can now add new paragraphs. Thanks to everyone that helped!!

ocholoco

Reaction score
also if using handcent there's a setting that will enable you to send texts immediately when you hit "enter" on the physical keyboard. just fyi :) in case that's what was happening