1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Adding a line to get the Droid X?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jl8851, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jl8851

jl8851 New Member

I tried searching on verizons site, but their search thing is TERRIBLE, so I thought I'd ask here.

Is it possible to add a line to my account and get the Droid X for the $199 price? How much extra does it cost per month for the extra line if I don't change the plan or anything?
  2. xliderider

xliderider New Member

It is possible to do what you want. Call Verizon to verify, but the additional line is $9.99 plus fees and taxes per month for 2 years. Add to that the $30 per month data plan.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

if you dont keep the droid x on that extra line you can cancel the data plan so its only $240 for the two years
  4. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Yep, as long as you have a dumbphone to put on that line, you are good to go. ;)
  5. jl8851

jl8851 New Member

I do have a dumbphone.

My plan was to get the Droid X for the 199 price with adding a new line, then put the Droid X on my main line, and put the dumbphone on the new line I just got.

That way I can sell my original Droid and have the Droid X on my main line and the dumbphone on my new, 2nd line. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $10/month. Then I will have 2 lines that will be eligible for upgrades in the future.
  6. jl8851

jl8851 New Member

Also, is there a way to check ESN numbers online to see if they can be activated?

Another thing...how would I go about selling my original Droid? How would I "deactivate" my droid? I'm used to AT&T where I can just take out the sim card and be done with it.
  7. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

ive done something similar before and it should work

vzw doesnt care what ur gonna do with the phones just as long as ur signing the 2yr
  8. jl8851

jl8851 New Member

When I go to add a line, do I click on "new individual plan" or "upgrade to family shareplan"?
  9. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

probably upgrade bc if its not individual its considered a family plan :)
  10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

You can call and ask VZW if the ESN is good.

You deactivate the device by removing it from your VZW account either over the phone or online with VZW website. Takes maybe 5 mins to do.
  11. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

That is exactly what I am doing.
  12. erikfig

erikfig New Member

This is exactly what I will do to get the Droid X for me and the iphone fot my wife. It will be $20 extra but i think is worhted. Since i wont be usind the new lines i dont need the dataplan.
  13. keithsmith22

keithsmith22 New Member

You can do that, but is the $9.99 plus tax/month worth it? Couldn't you just use that money and buy the phone outright up front then you aren't stuck with an additional line. Just a thought. My big question is, yes this phone will be awesome and has had a lot of hype surrounding it, but wouldn't it be worth just waiting and getting one of the 2ghz beasts that aren't to far away?
  14. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

lol yea it will work thats how I got my DROID 1. You figure if you really want it the price is either the same or less than buying the phone out right plus its like you on a payment plan for 2 years with the phone you got lol then after 2 years cancel the line. But yes you do have to have a phone on the other line I have the LG Chocolate on the line my DROID suppose to be on lol
  15. modified

modified New Member

I plan to do this as well.
  16. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Yup. The specific device is irrelevant. No need to create a new thread asking this question every time a device is about to be released...

Do the math.

Worth is always highly subjective. It's to each person to determine for his/her self.
  17. Sayersj629

Sayersj629 New Member

I actually did this last summer after my treo broke. Basically this is how it came out...At the time I was on the individual 39.99 400 min plan with 29.99 unlim data for a grand total of 75 or 80 bucks per month (about 69 after my dicount). When I added the line the minimum plan you're allowed with two lines is the 69.99 700 min family share plan plus unlim data for one line 29.99 plus 9.99 for the second line and I currently pay about 118 after my discount.

So it costs a little bit more than the advertised 9.99. But if you are a person whos already paying for a 700 min plan you're bill won't increase as much when you add a line.
  18. papy72

papy72 New Member

This is only true if you are already on a family plan. Upgrading from an individual line to a family plan is something like $30 a month more for that second phone (plus the data plan).
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
Search tags for this page
can i add a line to an individual verizon plan 2013
cost of adding additional android to verizon

verizon add a line to individual plan