adding a line considering rezound but a few questions first

wvdroidman

Reaction score
My main question is what is the difference between the thunderbolt and rezound? I really don't want to get the rezound and later be like "this is a thunderbolt 2".

Reaction score
The biggest difference is the screen. The rezound has a much higher resolution. It is also shaped different. The rezound screen is 16:9 ratio where tbolt is shorter and wider. Rezound is also much faster and the 4g is much more stable. I've had both phones and the rezound is great. Just wish it had kickstand like tbolt.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

Reaction score
No I wouldn't say they are the same. Rezound deff. has a different feel to it to me. It's somewhat similiar both being htc phones. I think its more like the dink than thunderbolt.

Snoking

Reaction score
Quite different

Thunderbolt
Single core, 1000 MHz, Snapdragon
System memory:
768 MB RAM
Built-in storage:
8000 MB
Storage expansion:
Slot Type:
microSD, microSDHC
Maximum card size:
32 G

Rezound
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8660 Snapdragon
CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpion
GPU Adreno 220
Card slot microSD, up to 32GB, 16GB included
Internal 16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM

Because the Thunderbolt is a single core processor, it most likely will never get ICS.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what would you recommend the razr, razr maxx or rezound?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Thunderbolt
Single core, 1000 MHz, Snapdragon
System memory:
768 MB RAM
Built-in storage:
8000 MB
Storage expansion:
Slot Type:
microSD, microSDHC
Maximum card size:
32 G

Rezound
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8660 Snapdragon
CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpion
GPU Adreno 220
Card slot microSD, up to 32GB, 16GB included
Internal 16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM

Because the Thunderbolt is a single core processor, it most likely will never get ICS.

Actually it was announced that the thunderbolt would get ics but no date yet.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
what would you recommend the razr, razr maxx or rezound?

Personally, the lack of a removable battery made me rule out any version of the RAZR. Batteries do have a service life, and quality control is never perfect.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I had the razr before my rezound and had problems with 4g data loss. Also the screen resolution is less than desireable. Blacks looked good on it though. I like my rezound a lot better. Can't beat the 720p screen. Razr looked better in direct sunlight. The external speaker on the back of the phone is louder on the razr. Razr isn't a bad phone but I'd recommend the rezound.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I thought the razr had the better screen. I like the rezound but i'd be afraid that everytime i touched it i'd compare it to my thunderbolt.

Reaction score
No the rezound has a 720p hd screen. It has a higher pixel density than the iPhone 4s. The razr screen is 540x960. Rezound is 1280x720. You will see a huge difference between rezound and tbolt screen. Razr screen isn't bad from far but its far from good. Small white text on razr is hard to see. I like the color contrast and blacks a little better on razr. That is because the razr has a super amoled advanced screen and the rezound is super LCD. Do you dislike your thunderbolt?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
yes i do dislike my thunderbolt. That is why I am hesitant with the rezound. Which one is easier to see in sunlight? razr maxx or rezound?

Reaction score
I see. I really like my rezound. I would suggest going to the Verizon store and play with the phones and see which one u like best. It's really a matter of personal opinion though.

Snoking

Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
yes i do dislike my thunderbolt. That is why I am hesitant with the rezound. Which one is easier to see in sunlight? razr maxx or rezound?

Razr! However the standard Razr appears to be fragile because it is so thin. It is also not easy to hold.

The battery upgrade on the Rezound is easy and only 25 or 30 dollars on the half price sale.

Go play with them all.

Reaction score
Razr is better in sunlight. Rezound like the thunderbolt sucks in sunlight. Maybe the only downfall of rezound. That and the back speaker.