Adding a 1 in front of a phone # in contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msb

Reaction score
While all my contacts have the area code in its phone #s, we need to add a 1 to dial long distance. Is there a hook in contacts or the Droid to automatically add a 1 that anybody knows about?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
While all my contacts have the area code in its phone #s, we need to add a 1 to dial long distance. Is there a hook in contacts or the Droid to automatically add a 1 that anybody knows about?

I have never had to add the #1 to any of my contacts to be able to call them. I think Verizon handles all that when needed. I call all over the USA and have never had an issue in doing so, minus the 1.

keiichi25

Reaction score
The default for all cellphones for numbers is that you do not need a '1' in front of the area code. You can actually dial the number with the area code included. 1 is only handled by the wired phone system.

You can also dial a number with the '1' in front, but the Cell system, and other systems tend to ignore it. Most Wired Phone systems assume you are first dialing local before Area Code, Cellphones, given the lack locality, will assume a number 10 or more digits == Area Code + Number, otherwise, it will assume local.

OP
M

msb

Reaction score
thankx

thankx for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.