Added benefit of turning screen brightness down....

jbg25

Reaction score
I know that some people don't like the idea of having to turn down the screen brightness to save juice on our TB's...but to be honest it is only turned that high in the first place to trick you.

When you calibrate an LCD display for the best picture possible, the first thing you do is turn the brightness WAY down. Brightness is cranked on LCD's when coming out of the factory, so that when you see them in the stores under florescent lights...the brightest one SEEMS best. But having your brightness cranked can actually worsen your picture. (this trick is used on every LCD tv you have ever bought as well).

Now I get it...if you are outside and it is real bright a setting of 20% for screen brightness is not optimal...so you turn it up. But if you want the best picture when surfing, watching videos, playing games etc...and you are not out in the sun...20% is actually going to produce a better reproduction of the intended image/video/game.

krandle41709

Reaction score
A question..... The notifications bar shows apps and services that were recently used or are they still running??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Not like you are thinking.

Android has a built in task manager that keeps then alive but not consuming enough memory or power to matter.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ah that means I don't need task killer right?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

You will never need a task killer on a droid phone anyways..... can't remember where it is on here but there's a really good article about why not to use them. Titled something like "google's answer to task killers" or something like that.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
100% correct.

Some people like them to control runaway apps they may have downloaded. But it is purely a tool to fix that manually. You should never let it auto kill anything.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Android has one built into it that let's you kill runaway apps also, settings > applications > running services.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G