add to home screen

jglparkprez

Reaction score
im having problems adding , removing or moving shortcuts and widgets from home page by long pressing .everything opens and closes fine im i missing something here

BodyBagz

Reaction score
im having problems adding , removing or moving shortcuts and widgets from home page by long pressing .everything opens and closes fine im i missing something here

1) To add a short cut to an app to the homescreen, you can 1 of 2 things...long press on any open area of the homescreen until the "Add to Homescreen" menu pops up...then select either "shortcut", "widget" etc etc. Or, option 2 is to go into your App Drawer, scroll until you find the app you want on the homescreen, then "long press" that apps icon...you will probably feel the DX vibrate a bit, then you will see the homescreen...when you see the homescreen, just "release" the app by taking your finger off the icon.

2) To delete an icon/widget/folder etc from a homescreen, "long press" on the icon until you feel the X "vibrate" and you see the "Trash Can" icon appear at the bottom of the screen...then just "drag" that icon to the "trash can" and when you see the icon and the trash can turn "red", turn loose and that icon will be deleted from the homescreen.

3) To move an icon on screen, or across the different screens, all you need to do is "long press" the icon until you feel the X vibrate, then "drag" it to the location you desire on screen. If you want to move an icon from 1 screen to another, follow the above steps, but prior to releasing the icon, you will need to drag it to the edge of the screen, either left or right, until that screen swaps to the new screen...this can be tedious until you get the hang of it...once you do get it to the screen you want, release it by pulling your finger off the screen.

I hope this helps, please post back to let us know if it does or doesn't...

OP
J

jglparkprez

Reaction score
thats the thing long pressing would not move apps delete apps and could not get the add to home screen page i would feel it vibrate but it would not do any thing i think it started after i downloaded 3 apps anim mod,busybox and droid overclock iremoved the apps did a bootstrap recovery and its back to normal

BodyBagz

Reaction score
thats the thing long pressing would not move apps delete apps and could not get the add to home screen page i would feel it vibrate but it would not do any thing i think it started after i downloaded 3 apps anim mod,busybox and droid overclock iremoved the apps did a bootstrap recovery and its back to normal
Yeah, sounds like you might have gotten a corrupt app..not for sure though, but atleast its all working properly now...dancedroid