Add one more to Root

vacobra1

Reaction score
I just Rooted my eris and it wasnt as painfull as I had expected. Its overclocked running amazing. Does anybody know how to get rid of the mp3 downloader and the other things that run in the background. I would deffently recomend this to everybody.

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
I seen that but how do you run the zip file?

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
You do it just like you rooted your phone:
1. Shut down your phone completely
2. press the power and volume up keys to get into amon_ra
3. Scroll down to the Flash zip from SD Card option
4. Select the line that says: SDCARD:BloatwareDelete.zip
5. Confirm by pressing the trackball
6. Reboot and voila! all the preloaded crap is gone.

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
sweet!!
what speed are you running with your setcpu? Im running 728 ondemand, I really think the phone operates much better after root. Seems to flow alot more smoothly then before even without the overclocking.

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
This is what i have my settings at:

Main : 710/245
Screen Off : 245/160
Charging USB/AC/Full : 710/480
Temp> 43.0c : 480/ 245
Battery < 20% : 528/245

all ondemand. I installed Sens-Able-3 on my Eris, PlainJaneT2 was giving me problems, it would boot then after a few minutes it would reboot and get stuck into a boot loop, so i switched, with PlainJaneT2, i was running it at these:

Main : 710/245
Screen Off : 245/160
Charging USB/Full : 787/450
Temp> 43.0c : 480/ 245
Battery < 20% : 528/245

But with Sense-Able 3, the max i can run it at is 710, which is alot faster than stock. It seems to be the same for me with the phone running better and it being alot smoother. Have you gotten backup apps? the mybackup pro is a great one, $5 but it is definitely worth it, i put Sense-Able 3 on and loaded all my apps and settings, was great.
Anywho glad to hear you're up and running, if you do decide to put a different ROM on your phone like me, just factory wipe, make sure the cache is wiped and then install like you did with PlainJaneT2 and the bloatware. Happy rooting man!

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
I just ran that and got rid of the crap I just wish it would have taken the voice dialer too. The wireless teather is awsome works great. I wonder if we can flash other roms.

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
Yepp you can flash new roms, exactly like you installed PlainJane, you just go in and do a factory wipe, make sure the cache is wiped and then you install it from the SD card like you flashed the bloatware.

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
Thats for all your help in this I didnt know if it mattered if its a motor, or htc eris or whatever. Sorry to here it went into the restart loop, I think I will keep it the way it is for a while mabe in a few weeks when I get bored Ill make a switch. after doing it once it really doesnt seem that hard or confusing.

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
I just played aound with setcpu and I cant overclock over 800mhz It locks up when I try to run apps, 748 seems to be the sweet spot for me.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just played aound with setcpu and I cant overclock over 800mhz It locks up when I try to run apps, 748 seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Yeah, I tried 810 or whatever it was and it was unstable. I backed it down to 768. Now the only strange behavior is that occasionally the phone will reboot. It might be a heat related thing as I noticed that I had it close to my laptop fan last week when it did it twice.

But it did it once this morning just sitting on my desk not close to the laptop.

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
maybe try 748 I havent had any issues yet with it.