add contacts from call log

mikehal38

Reaction score
Every phone I've ever had can do this. I had someone call me so I could easily program their number into my phone only to find that I couldn't figure out how to save the number from my call log into my address book. Was this feature left out of the android software? Not to mention I went ahead and added the # the long way and their name is stills not showing up when they call... any ideas?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to your log, scroll to the number, do a long press (press and hold) a window will open and tap add contact.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
I did that and there was no option to add. There was an option to edit though which was weird as I had not added it in the first place. I deleted the no named contact and now there name is showing up and the add contact option is there... I wonder if this caller Id app I have is adding contacts on its own? That could be my issue maybe.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe the "no name"has something to do with the OS and therefore necessary.

beckx020

Reaction score
Mine has a list that comes up when you long press on a call
Call xxxxxxxxxx
Edit number before call
Send text message
Add to contacts
Remove from call log

Or you can just do a short press and get a new screen with details of the call and this list:

Call again
Send text message
Add to contacts

So there are 2 options to add to contacts.

zshanthi

Reaction score
I did that and there was no option to add. There was an option to edit though which was weird as I had not added it in the first place. I deleted the no named contact and now there name is showing up and the add contact option is there... I wonder if this caller Id app I have is adding contacts on its own? That could be my issue maybe.

An ADD TO PEOPLE option would be present isn't it ?

edwinmiller

Reaction score
If you click on ‘ADD TO PEOPLE’ option, what appears? I mean is it like saying “Create a new contact" or is it "Save to the existing contact" or are there any other interpretations ???