Add a call and reception issues

theuberjenny

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I'm basically on my last straw with my Droid. Using it for the internet has been great (other than the few times that my phone thinks I'm in Indianapolis, even though I live in Chicago), but using it as an actual phone has been terrible.

The first problem is the "Add Call" Option on the keypad. I often bump this with my face, not allowing the person on the other line to hear me although I can hear them. This often leads to the person hanging up on me thinking that the call is dropped (although, this is also a common occurance). By the time I discover the problem, often the screen has locked itself and I have to frantically press buttons to get back to the original calling screen. I don't use this option at all and want it gone from my phone. Is there a way to lock it or get rid of it so this isn't an issue?

Also, like I said, I live in a pretty major city and get the WORST reception on my phone. There is often static whether I'm outside or in and my calls are frequently dropped. I already took the phone back to the store once because of this issue and they gave me a new one. I KNOW that it isn't the service because my boyfriend is on the same plan as I am and just got a new phone and does not have the same problem I have. I'm trying to get a new job and I'm terrified I'll hang up on a new employer several times (I usually have to sit or stand in one place and hope that my service isn't dropped). To add insult to it all, I had horrible reception with my old phone (not a smart phone) and the guy who sold me this guaranteed that I wouldn't have the same problems. He was right.... this is a lot worse.

It's gotten to the point where I can't use my phone as a phone. I'm really sick of it and wish I could just get rid of it.

Any help or suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for the first issue, the droid has a proximity sensor that turns off the screen when its close to your face. make sure nothing is in the way or it wont shut the screen off.

the verizon network is the best ive seen so i would try to update your roaming capabilities by dialing *228 and choosing option 2

hope this helps out a bit

OP
T

theuberjenny

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. I tried the #228 and I guess I'll just have to see. As for the add call, is there aa button on the side of the phone? There isn't anything in the way, but whenever I check the phone, it is on the dial pad when the person can't hear me. I finally did some experimenting and that is the only thing that allowed me to still hear the person but they can't hear me. I know I'm not the only one having these problems as I had a long conversation with a girl on the train the other day who had the same problems I do.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think tims tools lets you lock the screen I know dialer zero does.. least Im pretty sure..

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
none of the buttons on the side of the phone will work when the sensor is active (except the volume ones) so idk what you could be pressing

it shouldnt be set on the dial pad unless you press it to bring it up. i guess im just not quite following you...