ADB Shell Problems with 2.1 ERE25

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mzimand, Mar 4, 2010.

1. mzimand

mzimand Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not able to use ADB Shell since I installed the 2.1 ERES Build. I cannot even use the FREE command to check my memory with Better Terminal Emulator. I tried connecting to my PC and I get "unable to see device" when I type adb shell. I was able to do all of thei on my 2.01 Rom. Doe anybody know how to fix this.
    I am trying to enable JIT but because I cannot use adb shell I am not able too
    Thanks in advance for your help

2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Debugging has to be enabled on the phone for it to work. It's possible that the 2.1 install switched it back off by default. Look for it in Settings | Applications | Development | USB Debugging

Also, try doing it from the SPRecovery Console - that should work for ADB Shell, still.

I believe "free" is not part of the default utilities that comes with the droid. It IS however, one of the available utilities on busybox. I'm going to bet that you had busybox correctly installed previously, but the 2.1 image doesn't have it.

#2 Se7enLC, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I have been searching for 4 days trying to figure what the system/bin files were about, thinking they were to Linux commands that could be used in the shell. Then I found the Linux commands listed and explained but most of system/bin files were not in Linux command list, and most of the Linux commands are not in system/bin.

At least now I have goggled busybox and found out about it and now I can see the commands in my busybox and can invoke them.

Search tags for this page

adb shell free command not working

adb shell gt540 2.1

adb shell or even use terminal emulator on the phone