1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

adb help?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by actngrezy, May 24, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy Beta Team Developer

I have had adb set up for sometime now.
    I always do a system format,data,cache and boot through adb
    now I can hit adb shell and this will pop up underneath (in recovery)
    /#
    If i type su it says not found sh or something to that nature
    then I try to mount by mount -o ..... and it will say mount not found

So i will go into the recovery and mount system and the same thing happends. I try to pull or push the phoen.apk
    adb pull Phone.apk /system/app
    It says adb not found

But i run bbv1 so i ran petes zipalign script and that worked fine so i dont understand whats going on?

Now if I do this when the phone is booted up (not in recovery) the su works adb shell works I tyoe the mount command and it say basically repeats the command back to me but doesnt say failed or not found or anything. But if i try to push or pull once again it will say not foudn for anythign i do .
    Can anyone help? and by the way the apk i try to push to the phoen is in my tools folder
  2. actngrezy

heres a screen shot when im booted at the home screen just soyou can see what I mean

2nd shot is when in recovery and i tried to chmod 755 the system/bin to see if that helped but it says adb not found and su not found

Attached Files:

3. actngrezy

Nevermind sorry I was trying to push and pull anapk why I was in adb shell once i did it without typing adb shell it worked but Now i am havign troouble tryign to chmod 644 the file it keeps sayign chmod not found so if there an answer to that it would be great?
Search tags for this page
adb format data

adb format: not found

adb returning chmod: not found

adb shell su command not found

adb shell su not found
adb su repeats
adb: command not found
chmod and adb
chmod format adb shell
device not found adb shell format system
formatted system adb