ADB help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by maxohkc, Apr 23, 2010.

1. maxohkc

maxohkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey i just downloaded adb on my mac and well everytime i click adb all this **** pops up and says process complete i am so confused and i know this problem has a simple solution so please help me out

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I don't remember where I found this but it may help:

Here’s a brief explanation on how to get going to ADB on a Mac.
    1. Download the SDK for Mac OSX.

2. 2. Note where you’ve saved the SDK file.
3. Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)

4. 4. Type “pico .bash_profile” and press enter

5. 5. Type “export PATH=${PATH}:/path/to/sdk/tools/folder” For example, if my SDK tools folder was located in Users/myusername/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools, I would input the following “export PATH=${PATH}:Users/myusername/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools”
    6. 6. Press Control+X and then press Y to save what you’ve entered.

7. 7. If you’re not automatically returned to the main terminal screen, press Return/Enter.

8. 8. Navigate to your SDK tools folder by typing the following command “cd /path/to/sdk/tools/folder” For example, if my SDK tools folder was located in Users/myusername/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools, I would input the following “cd Users/myusername/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools”
9. Type the command “adb” and a long list of what you can do should fill the terminal window. If this list comes up, you’ve successfully configured your Mac to run ADB!

Thank you so much for the help about installing Android SDK on Mac OSX.
But I think it is unnecessary for step 8. Typing command ‘adb’ in other folder shows the success of adding SDK’ tools path to the PATH of environment variables. We do not need to run the ‘adb’ in tools’ folder.

Here is a link that may help as well.

Please let me know if this is helpful

Mike

3. ashkev843

ashkev843 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You might want to update to the latest Java from the Sun Microsystems website before you install the sdk. After it installs....

Open the macintosh HD and create a folder called android. Then drag the tools folder from the sdk and put in inside the android folder you created. Then open your terminal and type cd /android/tools. The command line should look something like this...(kevin-stubbss-macbook:tools NCSTATE$).

from there you should be good to go. Before you put commands in for adb on a mac you have to put ./ So to push a file to the system it would look like this ./adb push filename.apk /system/app Hope this helps if you have any questions i am glad to try and help.

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the update, Ash. I've not used ADB so my question-- is any of the information I provided the OP valid and current? If I need to update would you mind sending me a PM as we can discuss.

Mike

Search tags for this page
adb process completed
adb says process completed

android adb process completed

mac adb process completed

opening adb says process complete