ADB Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Lynx, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Lynx

Lynx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I am fairly new to the Android OS (had phone since November), but I am rooted, and all that good stuff. However I have not used ADB for anything, and I want to overclock my CPU now that it has been released to greater than 600 MHz. I read the "How to use adb" thread, and have debugging on and everything, however when I go into "tools" and try to open adb.exe a ms dos screen pops up for a split second and thats it. Any ideas of what I didn't do?

2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Lynx,

you do not run adb in widows by trying to execute the adb.exe file. It is run in a command prompt, in xp, Start, Run, type cmd in the box. If this is giving you issues, you will want to do more searching on adb here to get squared away. ADB is not a GUI program, rather a comand prompt deal.

Craig

3. Lynx

Lynx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks, I couldnt figure out whta I was doing wrong. I run a terminal emulator so I am a little bit familiar with those commands. Thanks a bunch.

Mods can close this thread

4. Lynx

Lynx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One more question, how to I initiate adb? I get running the prompt, but it only shows the promt that I need to run for a mac in the walkthrough not for windows. He mentions windows having .bat files to run it for you.

5. Finnstang

Finnstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Lynx

Lynx Member

Ratings:
    +0