ADB Devices showing nothing when in bootloader

maderschramm

Reaction score
Ok, so I was flashing Chevy's new Rom onto my phone. It was successful.
I had some crap on there I wanted to get ride of; so, booted into Clockwork Recovery, formated system/data/cache, installed Chevy's rom again, and rebooted.
Hung on M boot screen. Battery pull for same result. Booted into bootloader and plugged it in to sbf. USB Transfer enabled on phone, adb devices shows nothing. This has never happened before, my drivers are up-to-date, etc.
Thought it might just be my computer acting up, so moved from my linux machine to windows. Plugged it in, said driver was installed successfully (also had updated drivers as I originally rooted the phone using adb tools on the windows machine). Adb devices also shows nothing on this machine as well.
Booted into recovery mode and formated data/factory reset. Still hangs on M.

All out of ideas and worried.

Any help?

EDIT:
Also note that this means that RSD_Lite 4.8 for example will not show any devices listed, making an SBF seemingly impossible. I originally noticed the issue only because I was attempting sbf_flash and it said no devices listed.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Do any of your nandroids work?

Sent from somewhere...

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Do any of your nandroids work?

I'd tell you if I knew how I could get to them. All I can get into is the Recovery Mode for the DX, not clockwork recovery mode. If I'm missing an easy way to get into Clockwork I'd test that out myself, but I don't really know how.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I can't be of much help as I'm not familiar with the DX. Bump for ya though.....

Sent from somewhere...

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
recovery.zip?

perhaps if I use a recovery.zip file to restore it that will work. I can get into recovery mode after all. So far, every file I've tried to restore has given me an error - starting with a signature unverified (from .sbf file) then Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 2) from a Blur_Version.1.13.604.zip file (after naming it to update.zip of course).

I think that error is because it's for 2.1 or something. Can anyone help me with this?

EDIT:
Tried to manually create the .recovery_mode file but it didn't boot to clockwork. I assume it's because my system is hosed...making an SBF the way to go IF IT WOULD CONNECT.

Goddamn this is making me mad.

Last edited:

Daali

Reaction score
Pull battery, while unit is plugged into the usb, have someone put battery back in while you hold down the God aweful bootloader sequence(hold down the camera button, down volume button, and then press the power button.)
I've had to do this the last time I got hung up(boot looped)

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Pull battery, while unit is plugged into the usb, have someone put battery back in while you hold down the God aweful bootloader sequence(hold down the camera button, down volume button, and then press the power button.)
I've had to do this the last time I got hung up(boot looped)

You have any advice on getting ADB Tools and by association RSD_Lite (or sbf_flash) to recognize my device?

Daali

Reaction score
If you are not running the 4.7.1 drivers, I would try that and rsdlite 4.9

That procedure above I had to do to get mine connected at one point

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
If you are not running the 4.7.1 drivers, I would try that and rsdlite 4.9

That procedure above I had to do to get mine connected at one point

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Uninstalled and reinstalled 4.7.1 drivers on windows several times, I was using RSD_Lite 4.8; however, I've used sbf_flash in the past to sbf (Linux program) and it worked fine, for some reason my device isn't detected anymore by ADB Tools, RSD Lite (which I never did get to work) or sbf_flash.

I will attempt 4.9 RSD_Lite, but to be honest, I don't think it will resolve the issue.

techarlj

Reaction score
Had this same problem, I know it seems rediculous, but try another usb cable. My droid cable will not show device on rsd but my cable from my bb storm will. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Had this same problem, I know it seems rediculous, but try another usb cable. My droid cable will not show device on rsd but my cable from my bb storm will. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Not a bad idea, I'm in tech support myself and usually tell people to try this right away to troubleshoot computer problems. I'll give it a shot, never thought of it.