ADB and USB driver help needed!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by orbatrin, Jan 29, 2010.

1. orbatrin

orbatrin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to figure this out for approximately 48 hours now..no luck.

I cant seem to get adb to locate my device. I know that I need to install the usb drivers that came with the Android SDK but I am unable to do so..every time my phone plugs in it automatically installs the drivers. The reason for this is because I used my phone with my PC before and used MOUNT when connecting with usb cable. I am aware that when using mount. the pc automatically detects it as a Mass Storage Device...I tried uninstalling drivers and installing new drivers and everything around it...still no luck.

Does anybody have a solution to my problem? I'm pretty sure their are other people out there with the same issue

Here are my specs:
    Windows 7 Home Edition
    Motorola Droid from Verizon
    stock USB cable
    Android SDK rev.4 which includes 2.1 (usb drivers are updated)
    I access my ADB through CMD through the AndroidSDK/Tools/
    I type adb shell...
    Daemon started successfully...
    error: device not found!!!

I had to use the public libraries computer to flash my droid for overclocking and I was successful. I still need this to work on my laptop. Please help.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. RichStevenson

RichStevenson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After uninstalling the drivers, check for the device in Control Panel, System and delete it from there. May also be shown as unknown since the drivers are gone.

3. cplus

cplus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'll try to help. Go here: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA and download "Motorola 4.2.0 Driver with MotoConnect* (for 32-bit versions of Windows®)." Install, connect phone (you should see 1 additional driver install), try adb shell again. Hope this helps, good luck!

4. orbatrin

orbatrin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys.....I've tried all that....I just went through my registry and deleted everything containing Android...just connected my my device and I did not mount it. Windows 7 attempted to install the drivers and said "failed". I went to device manager and it shows "Android Phone":"Motorola A855" with an exclamation mark meaning the driver is not working properly. So I went into properties and attempted to update the driver...selected my driver and it said that the current driver is up to date "the best software for your device is already installed" then "this device is not configured correctly.

I attempted to access adb but no luck. If I mount the phone then windows will automatically install the appropriate drivers and my adb would still not work...

Please help!!!

5. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its not configured for windows 7 so You need to set the compatibility for the driver to run on vista sp 2 I think it was.

6. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not true about win 7. I did not have to change anything with compatability mode when I did all this on win 7.

7. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You need to put the Droid in debugging mode. I believe it is in settings then applications then development.

8. orbatrin

orbatrin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys guys let's not get out of hand here...its not the compatibility issue, its not the debugging issue..if u read my post thouroughly..u will notice that I already overclcoked my phone at the public library. It just does not want to connect on my laptop because windows 7 defaultly recognizes it as aa mass storage device?? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you

9. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really dont know how win 7 is turning it into a mass storage device if you are not selecting mount. Does it actually allow you to drag and drop files?

And for the record...Does not matter what you did before, things can get switched back. You did not specifically say that you still had it in debug, so I dont assume anything.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  10. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried plugging in your phone, going to device manager then drives and uninstalling the Droid from there? Not saying this will help, but worth a try. When I just did that, unplugged my Droid and replugged it back in, it reloaded the drivers.

11. orbatrin

orbatrin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I uninstalled all the drivers for the droid in device manager. Unplugged the usb cable. Plugged it back in it auto installs the drivers as mass storage and when it attempts to install the droid driver it comes up as not fully functioning. I went to device manager and attempted to update the driver from sdk and other drivers as well. It tells me its already installed with the newest drivers but still not functioning. When I mount or restart pc with droid plugged in the auto installs fully functioning. But it worked at the library pc.

12. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm. So you did uninstall the device though, not just uninstall drivers? Within the drives section.

So you did install the motoconnect 4.2 drivers from the link someone sent and it did not update those drivers?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  13. orbatrin

orbatrin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did just that and it would install. It because every time I plug in my device it installs drivers auto and when I delete them and attempt to install those moto drivers it tells when drivers are current but not functioning

14. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im tellin you look at the driver specs it says nothing about win7. Maybe some ppl dont have to do this but you should take a look anyways...

LINK

15. orbatrin

orbatrin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read the specs...I tried uninstalling again and installing those drivers with different directions specified in the link and so forth. No luck. I'm very good with computers and able to solve almost any problem...but this problem...cannot be solved :( I think I'm down to the point of formatting my pc and before mounting my phone..install the drivers..i guaranty that will work....since it works on all computers that never had a droid connected before...seems to me that once you mount through the phone, android auto installs drivers into windows. Does not matter if you uninstall the drivers..you cannot override the drivers with any other driver for some reason..

Anyways....If anybody has any pretty good suggestions...please post...I will be formatting my pc by 1-23-10....hopefully a solution is provided before that time. Thanks for everybody's help.

Search tags for this page
adb driver droid x2

adb drivers droid x2

adb drivers droidx2
adb drivers for droid x2

configure usb to adb

droid x2 adb

droid x2 adb driver

droid x2 adb drivers

motorola adb drivers
motorola droid x2 adb drivers