Adaptive Brightness

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Doesn't seem to work at all on my Turbo. Just me?

Tap'n Turbo

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
Works for me, in terms of adjusting my screen's brightness. Although I don't understand the point of setting a certain brightness. If its dark, my phone still goes to brightness all the way down, and if it's bright out, then it goes as high as it wants.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have it turned On. Think it was that way by default. I never really paid much attention to it, will have to investigate when I have some time

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
If it's dark, it should lower. It's less strain on the eyes. Mine never seems to change.
What if you manually override with the slider? Does it revert back to auto after a set time or....?

Tap'n Turbo

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
I think the slider is a max it can raise to when not exposed to a lot of light. So if you have it set to 25%, it can only go up to 25% let's say indoors where it's not that bright compared to outdoors, and then outdoors in the sun its free to raise as high as it wants. But I'm not 100% sure if that's how it works.

When its dark, adaptive brightness sets my screen brightness all the way down.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
IME, the slider goes from darkest to lightest regardless of anything else.

Tap'n Turbo

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
From what I've read about adaptive brightness, the slider setting is a midpoint of the brightness range that is going to be used when it automatically adjusts your brightness. So if the slider is at 50%, it will adjust to 30% (the least it'll go) and 70% (the highest it'll go).

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If it's dark, it should lower. It's less strain on the eyes. Mine never seems to change.
What if you manually override with the slider? Does it revert back to auto after a set time or....?

Tap'n Turbo
Try turning it off and see if your screen goes to full bright ( as mine does) then turn it on and it should dime ( if you are in a dimly lit room). Mine seems to work.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Mine works too. Actually better than it worked on the Razr M after the last KK update, which messed up quite a few things.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I am leaving mine off for a few days.
Then I'll turn it back on.