1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

AdamZ Smoked Glass vs Droidmod 1.0

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by steveomatic, Feb 27, 2010.

1. steveomatic

steveomatic New Member

I know this is mostly personal preference. I like the look of both but which one ultimately is the most stable and snappier?
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

If either one gave lots of issues you'd see posts saying so. I'm on SG4.5 and it works great. I know plenty are on droidmod and they are happy too. I love the blue colors I got so I didn't mess around with applying any themes. Least not yet :)
    I used these instructions after I rooted and got sprecovery from matth3w's thread
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ss-v4-5-w-custom-boot-img-updated-2-19-a.html
  3. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

Downloading Smoked Glass 5.0 now. At 118MB it is by far the biggest ROM to date but apparently gives you options on installation for font/theme/etc.
  4. claustin

claustin New Member

I actually just switched from DroidMod to SG4.5 this afternoon. I love the launcher with the dedicated phone/browser buttons, but it doesn't include live wallpapers. Not crazy about the blue personally, but that's not such a big deal. I'm about to try BB1.1 now. For the most part i think i prefer DroidMod so far.

Edit: SG5.0 wasn't up earlier this afternoon. Ok i'm trying that one before BB. Sounds like it installs more like DroidMod where you have some choices. Me likey.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  5. SG181

SG181 New Member

Smoked Glass 5.0 was just released a few hours ago, and includes all 3 variations (Full, Full w/Blue Clock, Glass only) inside. When installing via SPRecovery, you can change several options around, such as what to include and what to remove. The installation is slightly different however, so make sure to review this thread: AllDroid - View topic - [ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v5.0 **BIG Update 02/27**

**EDIT** Claustin->5.0 includes Live Wallpapers, so try that out.
  6. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

When i still had the updater with 2.05 and smoked glass i could not have been any happier, then came droidmod 1.0 and it was down hill from there. First my droid could not connect usb to PC without useing debug feature and then i could no longer make phone calls. Also anytime i powered up droid it was always scanning for service. I ended up doing a factory reset so im back to stock.
  7. JTAC

JTAC New Member

I am using DroidMod 1.0 right now. But lately I too have been experiencing problems. Things like searching for service, USB debug mode always pops up instead of USB connect, occasional freezes, just recently 4 automatic reboots within the last hour and a half.
  8. angryGTS

angryGTS New Member

I am running DroidMod and I must say for me it is very stable and quick. I have yet to have any problems everything works perfectly, no random reboots or anything, no problems connecting to USB. The only thing I dont like is the Milestone browser to me it dont seem to render the fonts right or something, I just dont like it compared to the stock browser I gotta switch back to stock browser.
  9. socalchyd

socalchyd New Member

Just switched from Droidmod to AdamZ and for me, it's AdamZ ftw. Then again, I am lucky that the launcher and interactive wallpapers are working for me. It looks like I may be the exception.
  10. lockman

lockman New Member

Both ROMs are extremely stable. I think at this point it comes down to theme. Adamz looks amazing, and DroidMod didn't include it in 1.0, so you have to add it yourself. It may have just been me, but this combo and my phone didn't get along. Tons of FC, laggy as hell. Stock was quicker.
    Bottom line, if you like stock look, DroidMod, Smoked Glass look, Adamz.
  11. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

DroidMod 1.0 runs error free for me. Adamz ROM is very sharp.
    I really like that this ROM has gone more toward the .tar install.
  12. lockman

lockman New Member

Damn near as easy as DroidMod. Almost easy enough for me to not screw it up:icon_ devil:
  13. masters

masters New Member

Have DroidMod, may wait till tomorrow to look harder at AdamZ, see what bugs turn up and if they get fixed.

I don't really see many differences between DroidMod and SmokedGlass though..
  14. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

I love Droidmod, there are a couple small issues here and there as stated by JTAC, but I know it is getting updated here shortly. I'm a dedicated Sholes fan :D
  15. 1quickv6

1quickv6 New Member

I installed Droidmod yesterday and experianced no troubles with it at all. Very stable and snappy.

I installed AdamZ ROM tonight and so far so good. I prefer the Smoked Glass for the look and blue colors. HATED the droid font so reflashed the ROM and changed the option to install it.

Both were very easy to install and had lots of customizable options. I got rid of the 2.1 launcher as soon as I could as it really slowed my phone (hehe, feel odd calling it a phone) down.

And to think... 48 hours ago I was scared to death to Root my phone and do all this silliness.
  16. confident.s

confident.s New Member

DroidMod is f***ing retarded!! It has my phone overheating and I don't even have the SetCPU app installed. Smoked Glass is wonderful.. Especially with all the new updates included! :icon_ banana:
  17. thesandman51

thesandman51 New Member

Did smkoked glass 5.01 today, effin amazing. Lovin the blue theme (black and blue are my colors, so I'm automatically drawn to it).

I've been running BB since .7.4, updating pretty much every time a new version came out. I haven't tried Droidmod, but I think I'll be sticking with smoked glass now.