Adamz Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pudah, Apr 19, 2010.

1. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please link to the zip files for adamz kernels for 2.1? Im trying to run as close to stock as possible with Petes ESE81 2.1 ROM, but with wifi tethering enabled and overclocking. I've read about this kernel, but can't seem to find it not part of another ROm or theme. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

2. treminaor

treminaor Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the whole rom again. I just need the kernel and honestly only know how to install it using the update.zip method.

Thanks for the head's up on Pere's ROM. I only installed it because it was recommended. I was under the impression that 2.1 couldn't be rooted yet, bur rather you could root 2.0.1. and install apps to simulate 2.1.... I was then told going back from rooted 2.0.1 to stock 2.0.1 and using the above mentioned ROM from Pete would get me to 2.1 rooted and pretty much stock 2.1 with root access, which is what I wanted. Ultimately I want 2.1 rooted with wifi tethering enabled and overclocking enabled. Would you recommend any other ROM for this?

4. treminaor

treminaor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would recommend using stock 2.1 rooted with AdamZ's kernel. Thats what I used before moving to Ultimate Droid v9.01 2.1. I am 100% sure that is JUST the kernel. The reason it is 40mb is because it's loaded with different voltage choices. I am using it as we speak.

BTW: You get to stock 2.1 with root access by using a special update.zip of 2.1 that can be run from SPRecovery. Use Google to find out more.

BTW2: To install the .rom.tgz, place it on the root of your SDCard and boot into recovery. Then choose Install>Install ROM from Memory Card.

5. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK then, thanks. How do I choose which voltage choice I want.

Can you send me a link to instructions for the stock 2.1 method you mentioned? I don't want to do the wrong thing.

6. treminaor

treminaor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It will ask you during the install which one you want. I would suggest the low voltage that ends with 900mhz. Refer to my recent edit of my above post for instructions on how to install the ROM. And let me find a link for you regarding the update.zip.

7. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI - I try to open that file and it says it's corrupt on my computer. How would I use it to install a specific voltage of just the kernel? I know you said it'll prompt me, but since it's not a zip file, how do I do it? Do I use SP recovery and just go to install?

8. treminaor

treminaor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't open it on your computer. Copy the untouched .rom.tgz file to the root of your SDCard and use SPRecovery to install. In SPRecovery, choose Install>Install ROM from SDCard and choose the Smoked.Glass.Boot.ESE53.rom.tgz file. Then you will be asked which voltage to use.

9. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks! Im trying it now. What is Pete's ROM a take-off of? Please let me know if you find the 2.1 stock file.

10. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It said there was no tar file found.

11. treminaor

treminaor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's because you touched it with the computer. Redownload and this time, dont try to unzip it. Also, if you are downloading it using Chrome or Safari, dont let it auto-extract the file. Make sure you end up with a .rom.tgz file.

UPDATE: Here is an update.zip of rooted 2.1 for use over ROMs. (Make sure you rename it to update.zip) It should work for you (although I regret that it is from Pete...) http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/ESE81/OEM/ESE81UPDATE.zip
    To install, rename it from ESE81UPDATE.zip to update.zip and copy to the root of your SDCard. Then reboot into SPRecovery, make a FULL NANDROID BACKUP, then go to Install>Allow update.zip installation, then after you press that, click Install update.zip. If after you finish installing it you get a boot loop, reboot into SPRecovery, wipe your data, then try again.
    Also, Ultimate Droid and ChevyNo1 currently have ESE81 based 2.1 ROMs, so take a look at those, too.

And, as for why Pete should be avoided: (Dont take this as straight fact, but heavily suggested...)
    1) He doesnt make ROMs for fun, he makes them for money (donations). He claims he is a jobless college student who needs cash. Not quite sure why he is incapable of spending his time at a job instead of making ROMs. I'm sure he would make a lot more money.

2) He doesnt take the time to do anything personal to his ROMs. He just pick-and-chooses from different ROMs (AdamZ's for example), makes miniscule changes, then gives himself credit. For instance, he wrote "AdamZ's Smoked Glass theme (credit AdamZ) (Credit to Pete for removing stuff I didnt like)." Or "Removed Camera Shutter Sound (Credit to Pete)". I dont think removing a sound file from your ROM deserves honorable mention...

He also is very hesitant to do things himself. He asks others to do things for him very often. Even when given instruction.

Anyway, I dont want to get myself into any more trouble in this post so I'll just leave it at that.

12. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I get the picture. Thanks for the info. It worked and Im using the kernel now. Unfortunately it didn't fix the one issue I've been having. Maybe Pete's ROM is to blame. I can no longer keep the audio from my system and ringer separate (notifications either). So, for example, if I turn my ringer to vibrate (which I almost always do) and then I use navigator, the navigation audio will be muted. When I un-mute it, it also un-mutes the ringer. I don't know if I've got it in me to go back to 2.0.1 and then to 2.1 via this method tonight, but maybe tomorrow.

Search tags for this page

adamz kernel