Ad Blocker Archive...

KaChow

Reaction score
I was working on this for a friend of mine, which those who do not know. Ad Blockers are not permitted or used in the Google Play store, I'm not a big fan of commercials or advertisements either. So, I started working on this. Inside this .zip file I have included 5) of my favorite Ad Blockers, which they all work together.

List includes:

AdAway version 2.3
Ad Blocker JRummy Apps
AdBlockPlus 1.1.2
AdFree 0.8.47
AdFree 0.8.58

Here is the package enjoy!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
First thing I installed after I rooted my S4 was AdAway. :nerd:

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I've been running all of them... Which is also why I tied them all together. There has been no lag or drop in performance, no ads... :icon_ peace:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had Adblocker (for browsing) but it quit working. That was a biggie as I use it on my desktop and it works great.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I had Adblocker (for browsing) but it quit working. That was a biggie as I use it on my desktop and it works great.

I just disabled AdBlocker, earlier this morning, not sure what it was but it was consuming too much juice. The others seem to work flawlessly with very little battery consumption.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just disabled AdBlocker, earlier this morning, not sure what it was but it was consuming too much juice. The others seem to work flawlessly with very little battery consumption.

Had mine installed from the first day I had my S4 and never saw battery drain because of it but the notification screen kept telling me I needed to configure it and it wasn't active. It's been that way for a couple weeks so I figured it got blocked.

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I should clarify, I removed AdBlocker as it had a slight drainage in comparison to the others that five that are posted it had the greatest. I tend to rely on AdBlocker in the browsers I use for my computers (doubt that will ever change), but I happen to like running JRummy's AdBlocker (preferred) which does an excellent job, with side-by-side AdFrees and the AdAway.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Inside this .zip file I have included 5) of my favorite Ad Blockers, which they all work together.

List includes:

AdAway version 2.3
Ad Blocker JRummy Apps
AdBlockPlus 1.1.2
AdFree 0.8.47
AdFree 0.8.58

Downloaded to my RAZR..Can I unzip? If so which app would u use to unzip file?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Downloaded to my RAZR..Can I unzip? If so which app would u use to unzip file?

Here you go, I threw up a few screenshots. I normally just use Root Explorer, which I download the file, then extract> open file (go to extracted)> select the app or apps and install.

Alternatively, after downloading could also attempt the longer route, by moving the apk(s) that you plan on using after the file extraction, just move and paste to the desired folder. Apps are located in the /system/apps/, which you could paste the apps into that folder, then change the permission of the apk to RW-R-R, once done exit out, run the app from the app drawer and adjust your settings.

View attachment 63970 View attachment 63971 View attachment 63972

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
Here you go, I threw up a few screenshots. I normally just use Root Explorer, which I download the file, then extract> open file (go to extracted)> select the app or apps and install.

Alternatively, after downloading could also attempt the longer route, by moving the apk(s) that you plan on using after the file extraction, just move and paste to the desired folder. Apps are located in the /system/apps/, which you could paste the apps into that folder, then change the permission of the apk to RW-R-R, once done exit out, run the app from the app drawer and adjust your settings.

Thank you!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I was working on this for a friend of mine, which those who do not know. Ad Blockers are not permitted or used in the Google Play store, I'm not a big fan of commercials or advertisements either. So, I started working on this. Inside this .zip file I have included 5) of my favorite Ad Blockers, which they all work together.

List includes:

AdAway version 2.3
Ad Blocker JRummy Apps
AdBlockPlus 1.1.2
AdFree 0.8.47
AdFree 0.8.58

i have always used adfree and would like to keep using it if i can. i just flashed my rmhd, which had adfree on it running fine, but now it is saying my file is too old.
i see you have a newer version here but the file size is oddly small and when i try to install it, it says there was a parse error or something like that.
can someone confirm the adfree 0.8.58 file is good and working.

thanks