Actual photo location? DCIM folder only houses thumbnails...

grimloktt

Reaction score
I'm trying to use Motocast to transfer pics from my phone to my computer, which I've successfully done through the stock file manager. However, the photos I've transferred from the DCIM folder are 20-30kb in size--as are all photos in that folder. If I go to my gallery and select a picture to share through gmail, gmail shows the size as ~1.2gb. So, this leads me to believe the pictures are being stored in another folder. Where are they...........?

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
Figured it out. They're under sdcard-ext folder then DCIM... Can't get to that folder using the stock file program.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is related, but I upgraded my Razr's SD to 32gb from the stock 16gb. Before I did that I copried all the contents from stock sd to new sd using regular windows file manager. Didn't see a need to get fancy since I only store data on the sd (no Apps, no OS, etc.) I put the new card in and now I can get to my pictures. I get to thumbnails, but if I try to show the pic, the phone freezes and I have to force close the App. This happens in both the stock gallery and QuickPic. Anyone know what happened or how to fix?

SallyC

Reaction score
Figured it out. They're under sdcard-ext folder then DCIM... Can't get to that folder using the stock file program.

That's interesting. I can get to my external card and that folder using the stock file program.

If the problem is getting to the card be sure you use the dropdown to get to Home and try from there.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is related, but I upgraded my Razr's SD to 32gb from the stock 16gb. Before I did that I copried all the contents from stock sd to new sd using regular windows file manager. Didn't see a need to get fancy since I only store data on the sd (no Apps, no OS, etc.) I put the new card in and now I can get to my pictures. I get to thumbnails, but if I try to show the pic, the phone freezes and I have to force close the App. This happens in both the stock gallery and QuickPic. Anyone know what happened or how to fix?

You copied it exactly? I started with the 32gb card so I don't know what's the matter. The file structure is what comes to mind.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I decided to reboot for a second time. No logic behind it. just because... It took an extra long time to read the card, but miraculously everything seems to be fine now.

SallyC

Reaction score
I decided to reboot for a second time. No logic behind it. just because... It took an extra long time to read the card, but miraculously everything seems to be fine now.

Ah, great. It seemed like it should have worked. Glad it's fine.

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
That's interesting. I can get to my external card and that folder using the stock file program.

I stand corrected. I was picking internal memory vs sd card. Duh... :blink: