Activiating a droid 1 through the phone

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
hey guys hopefully if possible i will be activating my phone tonight thing i wanted to know is how and also i right now have a env 3 and have no data plan can we setup the data plan over the phone with a credit card and can my contacts be electronically transferred the same way

Dknelson728

Reaction score
Doing everything over the phone shouldn't be a problem.
Call *611, and hit 0 until they transfer you to a person. Let the person know that you just bought a Droid, and need to transfer your number. (Call them on a different phone if you can, because they'll ask you to turn the EnV 3 off). They'll get your number transferred over, and I assume they'll add the data plan while they're at it. That will simply be added to your bill online. Shouldn't have to pay anything right then. Once the Droid is active, download backup assistant and that'll transfer your contacts over.

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
are there any additional charges other than the 30 dollar data plan and when i activate my phone my step father's credit card will be charged correct giving me my 3g

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
are there any additional charges other than the 30 dollar data plan and when i activate my phone my step father's credit card will be charged correct giving me my 3g

The data plan is added to the monthly bill.....so each month when the bill arrives, your step-dad will see the $29.99 charge on the bill. This is your data plan on top of your cell plan.

Your phone will have data access as soon as it's activated (they'll prorate whatever is left for the month).