ActiveSync flaky?

sturgl

Reaction score
I'm seeing some flakiness with EAS. Periodically, the phone will fail to sync. Mostly, I notice this when I send an email, and get an error. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I'm on WiFi or cellular - so it's not the network. Eventually, EAS will sync - sometimes it takes an hour, other times a few minutes. I'm trying to figure out whether this is a DI issue, or whether we have a new problem with my company's WAN or EAS implementation. Exchange 2003.

Is anyone else finding EAS to by flaky on the DI? Thank you!

Nikiddawg

Reaction score
I'm seeing some flakiness with EAS. Periodically, the phone will fail to sync. Mostly, I notice this when I send an email, and get an error. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I'm on WiFi or cellular - so it's not the network. Eventually, EAS will sync - sometimes it takes an hour, other times a few minutes. I'm trying to figure out whether this is a DI issue, or whether we have a new problem with my company's WAN or EAS implementation. Exchange 2003.

Is anyone else finding EAS to by flaky on the DI? Thank you!

I am having the same issue. Every few weeks, I get a "sync protocol error" and the Incredible stops syncing with my email. Calendar and contacts continue to sync. I've been searching all over the web for a solution but I come up empty. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with a Microsoft exchange security certificate or something similar that changes randomly for security reasons and when the Incredible ActiveSync doesn't respond with the right handshake or password, it gets locked out. Possible??

philip3232

Reaction score
I too am having this issue. I have a Droid Incredible. The issue was occurring on 2.1. Unfortunately since my upgrade to 2.2 the issue still occurs at what appears a greater frequency. While contacts and calendar will continue to sync without issue, mail will no longer display new inbox items and displays the error "Sync protocol error" with the sync icon and an exclamation mark preceding the error. I can still send new mail, but cannot receive.

The only workaround I have found to work is to delete the mail account from my Incredible and re-add it which is tedious at best and only helps for a day or so before it occurs again.

I too will be switching off this phone as soon as possible because my business exchange mail is too important to me to have to continually deal with this headache. My plan is to wait this headache out until January when Verizon will hopefully have the iPhone. Hopefully HTC / Android comes up with a fix before then or my switch to Android will be doomed.

schoust

Reaction score
I had the same issue and said this is B.S. and went with Touch Down app it works....