Active Link

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
[Complete Guide] How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore | Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets - Android Police

This is the tutorial I'm following I got the .zip file onto my SD card and was following the steps for number 5 and when it rebooted nothing had changed on my phone, so it didn't work. I'm aware that using Liberty on a D2G will require fixes and I found instructions on another forum here for those but I have to get the ROM to flash correctly and I'm not sure why it didn't.

You need to check in the D2G section of the forum and see if any of this leaked GB and Liberty GB was ported for the Git R Done ROMMER.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
0.8 is working good swagger. Don't let it deter you. Plus, i'm sure we could use you to help report bugs. It can only help make it a better rom.

I just noticed my netflix says my device has been removed when i try to load a vid. Can Anyone corroborate this?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Well I did download it and was about to flash it but it's nowhere to be found. Wtf? Said it was done downloading so I moved it to queue so I could flash it manually. Nowhere to be found. Not in /liberty/Nightlies folder.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wierd bro. Its out publicly on rootswiki's site. Just got the tweet from jrummy. You can try it from there. I know you donate so I'd be happy to email it to you. (may take a while over 3g)

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I'm already in Recovery. I already did a data and cache wipe and went to flash .08 and cant find it anywhere. I did download it and put it on queue. Wtf?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's gotta be there. Isn't there a way to do an auto search of the sd with some app? You checked all over the root of the sd I take it, liberty folder (all sub folders therein) downloads, (browser) downloads?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No. Like I said, I was already in recovery because v.08 was finished downloading and I put it on queue. Then got the D2 Bootstrap, booted into recovery, wiped data and cache, then went to install zip from sd card. Checked the /liberty/Nightlies folder and it was not there.

Before I had done all of this I was backing up all the apps and stuff. After download I checked the Nightlies folder and it was there. I do this because sometimes you get a bad download and you think it's completed but may not have been completed. It could be 700KB size zip and you won't know it unless you check it. I checked and it was the full size file v.08.

After booting into recovery it wasn't there anymore. I'm speculating if the queue had something to do with the disappearance of the zip file.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think so. I too also check two times when dl a rom. I check the size, then in clockwork, before wiping anything, i check to make sure the file is there. Lesson for the next time. I never use the queue for whatever reason. I just dl, exit out of the toolbox and use d2 bootstraper. That sucks man. So, what's the deal now? Are you up and running again?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ahhh, I thought the queue was specifically to keep the file around when ready to install regardless of doing it manually or within the toolbox. Pointless need for that then. It should just have a Install, Cancel, Or Install Later option instead.

After my 2nd post I got it back up on .07 but had to reload everything. So since around 9pm till now... I've had to wait this long for all the apps and stuff to restore, lol. Reason for that is.... Liberty Toolbox Pro just happened to be the LAST re-installation out of all the apps from the Market. Brutal.

The market needs to have options to allow us to pause all downloads, only resume specific ones or at least limit how many are going at once. That was the other issue for the long wait... they were all trying to reinstall at once. I used to be able to just Force Stop the market and they would all pause. But that doesn't work anymore.

Seems like our phones are getting less and less "liberated" with all these missing options or options disappearing along the way.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but my apps don't auto dl since I got on gb. It weird. I sign in with google and it starts to sync but then stops. This is great cause I just go into titanium and do a batch restore.
Also you should be able to abort or cancel an app dl by long pressing on it in the market. When you run into that again, just go to my apps in the market and long click each one (tedious I know, but will save you a lot of time) and cancel

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
My apps have always automatically started reinstalling themselves ever since I first flash a custom ROM. That's why I was saying I had to Force Stop the Market to make them all pause so they aren't all trying to reinstall at once and bog my phone down like crazy.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums