Activation

Corsairkid

Reaction score
I will be receiving my new Droid tomorrow. Right now I have a BB with the BB data plan. Can I go onto My Verizon and activate my new phone AS WELL AS the different smart phone plan? Would this be easier or harder than dealing with the phone rep?

OP
C

Corsairkid

Reaction score
you can do it from the phone without talking to anyone as its all automated.

Really? Every other phone I've had with VZW I have had to call a rep and give them the ESN number, etc. So you are saying I turn the phone on and it will be able to transfer my number from my BB to the Droid? And it will change my plan from the BB plan to the regular smart phone plan? If so, great. I just feel like there is more involved...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes... thats exactly what i did coming from a storm 2 to the DROID

i turned the phone on and it brought up a screen to activate... i just followed the prompts and viola it was activated and the plan changed from the blackberry internet to the smartphone/pda automatically.

OP
C

Corsairkid

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply Garrett! WOW! That is really nifty. Im guessing I will just have to enter in my My Verizon passwords etc? This is going to be an easier process than I thought. I guess VZW got tired of dealing with countless people calling in to activate their phones.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
they have had the automated activation for 3 or 4 years now but nobody uses it. the only reason i knew about it was an ex-girlfriend used to work for verizon.

you can also change phones on the verizon wireless website too (just need ESN/MEID for both devices)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply Garrett! WOW! That is really nifty. Im guessing I will just have to enter in my My Verizon passwords etc? This is going to be an easier process than I thought. I guess VZW got tired of dealing with countless people calling in to activate their phones.

yeah just make sure you know your verizon account password.... this is different from the password you use to log into the website.

OP
C

Corsairkid

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help. I did not know about this "on phone" activation. I did know you could do it on the website, but I wasnt sure how hard it would be given the fact that I would need to change plans as well. Glad to hear I can do it all from the phone! :icon_ banana: