Activation Issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by steveed3, Nov 28, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. steveed3

steveed3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I unrooted my D1 today returned it to stock. the activation screen appeared after reboot i Tried to activate it and all I get is a message that says " thanks for calling US Cellulars automated roaming list update service". I live in Oklahoma city OK and this is a Verizon area. My D2 works flawlessly. The D1 was working before I unrooted it. Unrooted because my girlfriend wanted it stock. But now I cannot activate it. Called Verizon they are at a loss. They had me do some manual programming but cant get the phone to activate on the VZW network because I keep getting routed to the us cellular towers. Does anyone have any constructive advice about how to fix this. Currently i am running FRG22 after following the customer support instructions. However I have flashed the sbf to FRG01 and had the same issues with activating the phone.

Please help.
  2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had this issue, but I seem to remember reading that some people actually had to go to a different area to activate on the Verizon network. If it were me I'd hit up a different part of town.

Also, they do system maintenance on Sunday's, but I think that's usually late night. If you log into Verizon online and it can't pull up your information, you more than likely won't be able to activate until they finish.
  3. dpmeeks

dpmeeks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been there and done this... take the phone to a verizon store and tell them to install the stock rom back on the phone and then it will work. Some of the techs in the store will say it cant be done but it CAN. I just had mine fixed a couple weeks ago this way.
Search tags for this page
avtivate droid x2 in different country

droid x activation guide