Activating Rezound

kwatch

Reaction score
Rezound will be delivered on Thursady from Verizon. I've never activated phone by myself. Is there an instruction I can follow? I'm upgrading from Droid OG. I just don't want to mess up.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
All you have to do is turn it on, go through the setup process (if you ever rooted your Droid it is just like starting over after doing the data wipe). When that is done dial #228, select option 1 and just listen, it will tell you when its done. The phone might turn off then back on which would be normal. Be sure your old phone is turned off. Enjoy your new phone!

This post is Incredible 2!

drtnsnw

Reaction score
And don't worry if it takes a couple of times to work. I had to do my dinc twice. Also after the programming is done make at least 2 calls before you decide it didn't work. Guy at store told me the first call almost never works after programing.

From my Rockin Rezound

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rezound will be delivered on Thursady from Verizon. I've never activated phone by myself. Is there an instruction I can follow? I'm upgrading from Droid OG. I just don't want to mess up.

Thanks.

There is instructionscin the box, very easy to activate.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

potatolover1102

Reaction score
Do NOT dial *228. This is not a 3g phone and has a self activating sim card. The instructions are in it. Do not dial *228 or you could ruin the sim and have to get a new one

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

potatolover1102

Reaction score
The incredible 2 is a 3g world phone hence the sim. The 4g phones have a completely different sim and can not be activated with *228. Its not just the thunderbolt its a 4g thing and world phones with a sim are completely different

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
do not dial *228 on a 4g phone ever, it will ruin your 4g sim card!.....if it doesnt work the first time. turn it off take out the 4g card for 15 seconds. put it back on and then restart your phone. the end

I know this cause i had a problem today as well and this is all i had to do.

androidgeek

Reaction score
do not dial *228 on a 4g phone ever, it will ruin your 4g sim card!.....if it doesnt work the first time. turn it off take out the 4g card for 15 seconds. put it back on and then restart your phone. the end

I know this cause i had a problem today as well and this is all i had to do.

Will that work if you're not getting 4G? Had it yesterday great, but today I haven't seen it once?

nice signature lol me too. motorola can stick it