Activating New Samsung Galaxy Nexus Purchased Online

wolfpackron

Reaction score
I have never purchased a phone online prior to purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. How do I activate the new phone? I currently have the original Droid thru Verizon. Thanks in advance, WolfpackRon.

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
I have never purchased a phone online prior to purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. How do I activate the new phone? I currently have the original Droid thru Verizon. Thanks in advance, WolfpackRon.
Call VZW customer support @ (800) 922-0204 and hit # then hit 0 to get to a rep. Tell them what you're doing and they'll walk you through it. They'll ask you to pop the battery and read them some numbers (IMEI, maybe the SIM card number too) and activate you. You must call from a 2nd line (another phone), as they'll ask you to turn the old phone off and they'll be screwing with the new one.

Coots

Reaction score
I got mine in today, ordered online Thursday. It's simple... open the box that it comes in, the big brown one. Don't put the battery in the phone or the sim card or nothing.. follow the instructions in the big red envelope that says " Getting started". I called the 1-877 number, it's a nice computer lady voice talking to you.. provide the information, do exactly what the papers say... put the sim card and battery in at that point like the paper says..... turn phone on.... it will activate.... done.

baldybill

Reaction score
But if you want to root it, should you do so before you activate it?

Coots

Reaction score
But if you want to root it, should you do so before you activate it?

You know, that crossed my mind too... however, I didn't want to take the risk of unlocking the bootloader, rooting and activating all in one big swoop. I activated mine, everything works like a champ so tonight when I get home from the office I'll unlock the bootloader and root and put clockwork on.

I haven't did anything so far that I'm going to cry over as far as spending a lot of time putting back on it etc.