Activating lost phone through Rooting?

MK17

Reaction score
A friend of mine was given a Droid X that ended up being reported lost. As soon as he got it he contacted the owner, but the owner had already reported the phone lost and gotten a replacement. The owner tried to contact verizon to see if it could be removed but they said it "couldn't".

Anyways he (and I now) are wondering if there is anyway to get service on verizon or some other carrier by rooting or something. Or maybe there is a way to get it off the list...

Thanks for the help!

Disclaimer: Before anyone says that its fishy or anything they guy is a cop (and NOT a crooked one). He did the right thing by contacting the owner. I'm not sure who gave it to him but thats not part of the story as the owner now knows where it is and is content with his replacement and does not want the original phone back.

xrp861

Reaction score
He can call verizon and have them take it off the list. I've done this before all he has to say is he found it and needs the esn removed from the list. Honestly id just flash it to boost cause verizon is a rip off.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

MK17

Reaction score
Sorry, but who is the he in your post? The one that has the phone now or the original phone owner?