Activate 3G internet on Droid Global in Brazil

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by andersomes, Feb 22, 2011.

1. andersomes

andersomes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I know y'all are Droid experts. That's why I came to y'all for help. Here's the deal: I used to live in US and had an account with Verizon. I canceled the contract, unlocked the phone and moved back to Brazil. Here I was able to pick any carrier I wanted (both CDMA and GSM), but I decided to go with TIM (a GSM carrier) due their good deals.
    Ok, everything was doing great. I can make and receive calls, send and receive SMS, but I CANNOT ACCESS 3G INTERNET. My Droid Global gets Wifi but not 3G, even WAP at all!
    I contacted TIM and they said they couldn't help once the device was purchased abroad. So they asked me to call MOTOROLA. I did. They said they also couldn't help for the same reason.
    Now, digging on the Internet I found that here in Brazil, Motorola is selling a similar phone (pretty much the same thing): Milestone 2. It has Froyo just like mine, so that made me think if there is a way to change my Droid APN settings to the same way as TIM Milestone 2.
    Please, I beg you guys! H E L P!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!

Andersondancedroid

2. aaeigs

aaeigs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    some sim card required some modification to access 3G network in China, I guess you've encountered the same condition.

Search tags for this page

enabling 3g on droid global

how to activate 3g on motorola droid 2 global

how to turn on internet on droid global china sim

internet 3g en droid 2 global

tim brasil droid