Actin' a lil' funny lately...

cableguy

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Lately, my Droid has been randomly "un-silencing" itself. I leave it on the counter... knowing FULL well that the ringer is off (I get that image of the speaker and the "X" at the top of the screen).

Moments later (15 min to and hour or so)... I will get either an audible text message notification OR an audible incoming call.

Hmmmmm... Any thoughts? Might there be an app or something that is doing this in the background without me knowing?

Sometimes, I feel like chompSMS might be the culprit... normally, before I get an audible ring, I first get an audible text notification.... maybe that kicks it out of silence mode?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Merry Christmas,
~Cable

OP
C

cableguy

Reaction score
I just did a test after posting the first time....

After the SECOND text message received while the chompSMS pop-up is up, my phone kicks off SILENT MODE and starts making audible notifications.

Anyone else deal with this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like a rouge app....

OP
C

cableguy

Reaction score
What do you do with the "rouge app"?

It only started recently... probably the last two updates or so....

Anyone else experience this?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Either switch apps, use the default Messaging app until Chomp fixes it or maybe turn off the quick reply pop up (which if I guess correctly is the culprit). The multi-tasking could be causing a problem because the pop-up tries to "freeze" everything until you either respond or dismiss the pop-up, but since there is another message coming in, it throws things out of whack... but that is purely speculation on my part, but worth a shot if you want to stick with Chomp and not get those sounds turning back on.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either switch apps, use the default Messaging app until Chomp fixes it or maybe turn off the quick reply pop up (which if I guess correctly is the culprit). The multi-tasking could be causing a problem because the pop-up tries to "freeze" everything until you either respond or dismiss the pop-up, but since there is another message coming in, it throws things out of whack... but that is purely speculation on my part, but worth a shot if you want to stick with Chomp and not get those sounds turning back on.

i'm inclined to believe it's a rogue app as well... probably 'chomp sms' causing it. Handcent user here and never had this issue.