Act 1 questions

moot

Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering buying the the Act 1 app and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone will be able to answer? Also, if you think there is a better app, I'd appreciate hearing about it, as well!

1) Is there any way to change the app icon? The cat is too cutsey for me (small gripe).

2) I can't seem to figure out what additional functionality, or features the paid app offers over the free one. Both app's home screen list the same features.

3) Is there a better way to organize the videos within Act 1? Maybe this is a droid issue and irrelevant to the app itself. I've recoded two seasons of 30 rock and put each season in separate folder named "30 Rock Season 1" and "30 Rock Season 2". But when I view the video files on Act one, the videos are no longer organized by season and is displayed in one long list. I can imagine this being problematic, if I rip a couple more season of my dvds.

Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are two apps that allow you to change App icons/names: AnyCut (free) and BetterCut (1.99). Beware that BetterCut may NOT allow you to change the icon, it doesn't work for all apps, and not folders.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I bought the app. deff worth it.

I still would like an answer to question 3, if at all possible.

JamesX

Reaction score
I am more interested in Question 2. So far aside from providing a bit more information (such as time data and battery, etc.) it seems the same as the normal built in player. I would consider it worth it if it played more formats than the normal ones DROID can play, but I can't seem to find any difference.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was really enjoying Act 1 until I realized that the audio/video would get out of sync anytime I paused or moved around in the video. The same videos don't have this problem on my Mac or when played with the stock gallery app on the Droid. Either way, it only a few bucks so what's there to lose?

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I was really enjoying Act 1 until I realized that the audio/video would get out of sync anytime I paused or moved around in the video. The same videos don't have this problem on my Mac or when played with the stock gallery app on the Droid. Either way, it only a few bucks so what's there to lose?

No problem on my end. How are you encoding the video files?

mjs31

Reaction score

I really do not believe it is so much Act 1 that gets them out of sync. I understand that some players appear different, but I have never had an issue with Act 1 when I use Handbrake to convert the videos in the first place. All other converters had this out of sync issue for me no matter which player I used.

mjs31

Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering buying the the Act 1 app and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone will be able to answer? Also, if you think there is a better app, I'd appreciate hearing about it, as well!

1) Is there any way to change the app icon? The cat is too cutsey for me (small gripe).

2) I can't seem to figure out what additional functionality, or features the paid app offers over the free one. Both app's home screen list the same features.

3) Is there a better way to organize the videos within Act 1? Maybe this is a droid issue and irrelevant to the app itself. I've recoded two seasons of 30 rock and put each season in separate folder named "30 Rock Season 1" and "30 Rock Season 2". But when I view the video files on Act one, the videos are no longer organized by season and is displayed in one long list. I can imagine this being problematic, if I rip a couple more season of my dvds.

Thanks!

Only ways I know to sort are what is listed in Act 1. Alphabetically, Reverse Alphabetically, By Date (newest first), By Date (oldest first).

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've converted videos for many different devices using Handbrake. I use the iPhone settings, adjust the pictures width and height, and the bitrate to 1000 kbps. Never had any problems with other devices, and as stated, no problems whatsoever when using the stock video player.